October 9-14, 2018 | Warner Robins, GA
The Umpire School is based on solid educational principles, lecture, demonstration and supervised application conducted by the Southeastern Region Volunteer Umpire Staff that has more than 200 years of experience. Students will be provided with information and training to help them move their game to a higher level, which will include rule interpretations, proper mechanics, signaling, and positioning instruction.
Students are instructed in the two-umpire system on 60’ and 70’/90’ diamonds during sessions in the classroom, batting cages and at Little League Southeast Park. Topics during the School will include, but not limited to, angle/distance theory, timing techniques, proper plate and base mechanics, strike zone development, handling situations, and proper communication. Plate Mechanics are covered in detailed daily sessions, which are recorded and available to each student after the School concludes. Students will also participate in simulated game exercises and live games between local teams during the School. On-field activities, include live games are recorded and reviewed by attendees. Classroom sessions will include a comprehensive review of the Little League Rule Book. In the end, each student will be provided the tools necessary for becoming an advanced level umpire.
Housing Provided with Fellow Student
No Housing Provided - Student Secures Own
No experience needed to attend
Recommended Items to Bring
All Plate Gear (shin guards, chest protector, face mask, plate shoes) | Gray Umpire Slack(s) | Umpire Shirt(s) | Umpire Hat(s) | Black Belt(s) | Black Umpire Shoes | Ball Glove
Included in School Price
- Housing for Five Nights with Fellow Student*
- *For those electing to have housing provided
- Five dinners (Tuesday-Saturday)
- Four lunches (Wednesday-Saturday)
- Umpire School Hat and Dri-Fit T-Shirt
- Access to recorded instructional sessions after the School
- Baseball and Softball Rule Books
- Umpire Mechanics Manuals
- All Southeastern Umpire printed materials
- Completion Certificate
Benefits & Highlights
- Top-notch training and education
- Provided by very experienced Region Umpire Staff
- Sessions rotating between on-field of Southeast Park, batting cages and classroom
- Participation in live games with area Little League Baseball and Softball teams at Southeast Park
- Instructional Sessions and Live Games Recorded for Review
- Exposure to training and education for baseball and softball on both 60-foot and 70/90-foot diamonds
For those electing to attend the School and have housing provided, each student will be housed with a fellow student at the Hampton Inn - Warner Robins. Those staying at the hotel are treated to outstanding service and and a wonderful stay in a renovated hotel.
4000 Watson Blvd, Warner Robins, GA 31093
During the School, most meals are catered from local restaurants and will ensure no student will go home hungry. Meals include sides, deserts and beverages.
Past enterees have been:
- Taco Bar
- Pulled Pork Sliders
- Fried Chicken
- Chicken Alfredo
The Southeastern Region Umpire School is held at the Region Headquarters in Warner Robins. Sessions rotate between the Region administration building and Little League Southeast Park, home of the Little League Baseball and Softball Regional Tournaments each summer.