Texas Wings RC Flying Club
The Texas Wings RC Flying Club, AMA Charter Club #1521, was established in 1983 for the enjoyment and promotion of the hobby of building and flying Radio Controlled Model Aircraft. Texas Wings offers a relaxed, family-oriented membership that focuses on 'sport flying', promoting the hobby through community involvement, commitment to flight-training, and support of new aeromodelers.
- Next Club Meeting is May 7th at 7:00 pm.
- Flight Training has resumed for 2019 --- Free Public Flight Training Wednesday evenings 5:30 till darkness, weather permitting, during Daylight Saving at Texas Wings RC Flying Club Field. Come experience the excitement of flying radio control model aircraft. See Flight Training page for more details.
- Join/Renew your yearly club membership on this website using Paypal or a credit card. Just use the link on left, or tap the 3 bars on your mobile device.
- Attention All Club Members: On December 12th, 2017, President Trump signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) restoring the UAS registration requirement, including for AMA members. You will be required to have your AMA Number as well as your Federal Registration Number on your aircraft. you can register with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) at https://registermyuas.faa.gov or visit AMA at modelaircraft.org for more information.
- Attention All Club Members: The FAA issued an Interim Final Rule requiring model aircraft and drone pilots to display their FAA-issued registration number on the outside surface of their aircraft. This rule does not change the original acceptable methods of external marking, nor does it specify a particular external surface on which the registration number must be placed. The requirement is simply that the registration number must be seen upon visual inspection of the aircraft’s exterior. The Rule will take effect on Monday, February 25, 2019. This means the markings must be in place for any outdoor flight beginning on this date. If you would like to submit your own comment to the FAA on the Interim Final Rule, either for or against, simply visit www.regulations.gov and search for RIN 2120-AL32. The deadline for public comment ends on March 15, 2019. Your compliance with this Interim Final Rule is mandatory in order to fly at Texas Wings RC Flying Club field.
- Attention All Club members: the covered parking south of storage container is private parking. If you have parked under one of the covers and the owner shows up, and asks you to move, please comply. Thank you.***
- Attention All Club Members: if you are not getting any club emails, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com with your email address as well as a phone contact; we will add you to the list. Thank you!***