Texas Wings RC Flying Club
The Texas Wings RC Flying Club, AMA Charter Club #1521, was established in 1983 for the enjoyment and promotion of the hobby of building and flying Radio Controlled Model Aircraft. Texas Wings offers a relaxed, family-oriented membership that focuses on 'sport flying', promoting the hobby through community involvement, commitment to flight-training, and support of new aeromodelers.
- Next Club Meeting is August 6th at 7:00 pm.
- Flight Training has resumed for 2019 --- Free Public Flight Training Wednesday evenings 5:30 till darkness, weather permitting, during Daylight Saving at Texas Wings RC Flying Club Field. Come experience the excitement of flying radio control model aircraft. See Flight Training page for more details.
- Join/Renew your yearly club membership on this website using Paypal or a credit card. Just use the link on left, or tap the 3 bars on your mobile device.
- Attention All Club Members: On December 12th, 2017, President Trump signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) restoring the UAS registration requirement, including for AMA members. You will be required to have your Federal Registration Number on the outside of your aircraft. You can register with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) at https://registermyuas.faa.gov or visit AMA at modelaircraft.org for more information.
- Attention All Club Members: The FAA issued a notice, implementing the exception for limited recreational operations of unmanned aircraft (model aircraft/drones), on May 17th, 2019. For more information see 49 U.S.C. 44809
- During the interim period:
- Fly only for recreational purposes
- The aircraft is registered and marked and proof of registration (carry registration card with you), is made available to the Administrator or a designee of the Administrator or law enforcement officer upon request
- Keep your unmanned aircraft within your visual line-of-sight or within the visual line-of-sight of a visual observer who is co-located and in direct communication with you
- Do not fly above 400 feet in uncontrolled (class G) airspace
TX Wings RC Field, is in class G airspace
- Do not fly in controlled airspace without an FAA authorization
- Follow all FAA airspace restrictions, including special security instructions and temporary flight restrictions
- The aircraft is operated in a manner that does not interfere with and gives way to any manned aircraft
- Never fly over groups of people, public events, or stadiums full of people
- Never fly near emergency response activities
- Never fly under to the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Attention All Club members: the covered parking south of storage container is private parking. If you have parked under one of the covers and the owner shows up, and asks you to move, please comply. Thank you.***
- Attention All Club Members: if you are not getting any club emails, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address as well as a phone contact; we will add you to the list. Thank you!***