Registration for 2018 Will Open Around June of 2018 - Check Back Then to Sign Up!
Key Info for Race Day
- RACE TIME: Race begins promptly at 8:30 am.
- RACE COURSE: the race will start at the intersection of Main St and Linden Ave. The loop course includes a railroad crossing and an uphill section. There is one water stop. More >>
- STARTING CORRALS: For the safety and enjoyment of all runners, each 5 mile participant will be assigned to a corral based on expected finish time. Each runner’s race time begins when they cross the mat at the start line. More >>
Expo & Packet Pick-Up
- TIME: Wednesday, November 21st, 11am - 7pm
- LOCATION: Riverfront Park in Miamisburg
- 3 N Miami Ave, Miamisburg, Ohio 45342
- "NO BAGS" INITIATIVE: To prevent waste & go green, we will have very few bags available at the Expo. Please bring your own bag if desired.
Entry Fees (5-Mile)
- $25 before Oct 14
- $30 Oct 15-Nov 11
- ($25 for age 14 and under)
- $35 Nov 12-19 & on Expo Day
- ($30 for age 14 and under)
Entry Fees (1-Mile)
- $20 before Nov 12
- $25 Nov 12-19 & on Expo Day
- Register Online
- Print Paper Registration
- Check Your Registration
- Online registration cutoff is 8am EST on Monday, November 19, 2018. Shirt sizes are NOT guaranteed after November 19th, 2018.
- There are no online processing fees! :-)
The race proceeds benefit a great cause: the non-profit Ohio River Road Runner's Club based here locally in Dayton! We're dedicated to providing free/low-cost races to children and adults all over the Miami Valley to encourage healthy lifestyles and spread the joy of running!
We need your help! The Ohio River Road Runners Club is an all-volunteer organization and we need over 300 volunteers in order to put on the Turkey Trot. Each volunteer will receive a specially-designed volunteer shirt as well as the praise and thanks of our runners & walkers!
To Volunteer: Please visit http://volunteer.miamisburgtrot.com, check out the available jobs, & fill out the form! We will get back to you one week before the race with details about your volunteer job(s), but in the meantime, feel free to send us any questions you have and we’ll answer them the best we can!
Turkey Trot Partners
Your Business Can Be Involved!!
The Turkey Trot Expo is a great way to promote your business! Each year approximately 8000 runners, walkers, friends and family members attend. If you are interested in having a booth, contact Expo Coordinator Eric Gagliano.
Shirt Size Guarantee: Online registration cutoff is midnight EST on November 8, 2018. Shirt sizes are NOT guaranteed after this date.
Shirt Sizing Chart
Shirt Sizing Chart Coming Soon!
Shirt Details Coming Soon!
Shirt Fitting Events
We will hold shirt fittings at Runners Plus, 8970 Kingsridge Drive (behind the Dayton Mall). We will have samples of each size available for you to try on to be sure you order the correct size.
- October 14th from 2p-4p @ Runners Plus (Dayton Mall)
- November 10th from 1p-4pm @ Runners Plus (Dayton Mall)
At packet pick-up, if you get a shirt that doesn't fit well, bring it, unworn, to the late registration booth and we'll gladly exchange it if we have your desired size among those set aside for late registrants. Please know that we cannot exchange away a shirt-size promised to another early registrant, and even though we order extra, it's imperative for us to make sure everyone gets the size they ordered before we swap.
Food, Entertainment, & Fun
Got a creative idea for a Thanksgiving-themed costume? Think you can actually run in that costume? Enter our costume contest, either individually or as a group. Awards will go to the 5 best costumes, including one for the best 1978 themed and one for the best 1818 themed. Judging begins at 8:00 am on race day in front of the Kettering Sports Medicine Van which will be located near the finish line.
The post-race feast will include:
- chocolate milk
- $100 gift cards to Runners Plus given to the Top Three Male & Top Three Female Overall
- Awards will be given to the top 5 Male and Female Overall and Masters (age 40+)
- TOP 5 in Male & Female age groups: 8 & under, 9-11, 12-14, & each 5-year age division from 15-19 to 80+
- TOP 5 in the Wheelchair Division
So that you and all of our volunteers may go home to enjoy the holiday after the race, all awards will be mailed to the winners. There will *not* be an awards ceremony after the race.
Race Results Rules
- All participants will be issued a disposable timing chip on the back of their bib.
- Do not remove the chip from the back of your bib.
- Participants are responsible for wearing their number throughout the event.
- We hate to be harsh, but: No Number = No Results = No Awards.
All participants sign a waiver stating, “I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or blades , or animals are not allowed in the race and I will abide by this guideline. Use of headsets is strongly discouraged.”
Please adhere to these guidelines and follow all instructions from race officials.
As a family event, the Turkey Trot will allow participants to walk with strollers as long as you place yourself at the back of the green corral for the five mile event or at the back of the yellow corral for the one mile event. For the safety of your child as well as your fellow participants, absolutely no strollers of any kind will be allowed in the red or blue corrals.