I am a research scientist at Adobe Research. My research interests lie in algorithmic game theory, combinatorial optimization, and design of efficient algorithms. Before joining Adobe Research, I was a postdoctoral fellow at University of California, Irvine. I received my Ph.D. in Algorithms, Combinatorics and Optimization at Georgia Insititute of Technology under the guidance of Prof. Vijay Vazirani. Prior to that, I graduated with double B.S. degrees in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics & Statistics at The State University of New York at Stony Brook.
For more recent and complete information, see my CV.
- Tung Mai, Anup B. Rao, Matt Kapilevich, Ryan Rossi, Yasin Abbasi-Yadkori, Ritwik Sinha. On Densification for Minwise Hashing. Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI), 2019.
- Tung Mai, Vijay V. Vazirani. Stability-Preserving, Incentive-Compatible, Time-Efficient Mechanisms for Increasing School Capacity. Submitted, 2019. [pdf]
- Tung Mai, Vijay V. Vazirani. Stable Matchings, Robust Solutions, and Distributive Lattices. Submitted, 2018. [pdf]
- Tung Mai, Vijay V. Vazirani. Finding Stable Matchings that are Robust to Errors in the Input. 26th Annual European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA), 2018. [pdf]
- Tung Mai, Richard Peng, Anup B. Rao, Vijay V. Vazirani. Concave Flow on Small Depth Directed Networks. Submitted, 2018. [pdf]
- Tung Mai, Vijay V. Vazirani. A Natural Generalization of Stable Matching Solved via New Insights into Ideal Cuts. Manuscript, 2018. [pdf]
- Tung Mai, Milena Mihail, Ioannis Panageas, Will Ratcliff, Vijay V. Vazirani, Peter Yunker. Cycles in Zero-Sum Differential Games and Biological Diversity. 19th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation (EC), 2018. [pdf]
- Nima Anari, Tung Mai, Shayan Oveis Gharan, Vijay V. Vazirani. Nash Social Welfare for Indivisible Items under Separable, Piecewise-Linear ConcaveUtilities. 29th ACM SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), 2018. [pdf]
- Kamal Jain, Tung Mai, Vijay V. Vazirani. A Performance-Based Scheme for Pricing Resources in the Cloud. 13th Conference on Web and Internet Economics (WINE), 2017. [pdf]
- Richard Cole, Nikhil R. Devanur, Vasilis Gkatzelis, Kamal Jain, Tung Mai, Vijay V. Vazirani, Sadra Yazdanbod. Convex Program Duality, Fisher Markets, and Nash Social Welfare. 18th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation (EC), 2017. [pdf]
- Tung Mai, Ioannis Panageas, Vijay V. Vazirani. Opinion Dynamics in Networks: Convergence, Stability and Lack of Explosion. 44th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP), 2017. [pdf]
Honors and Awards
- Simons Institute Research Fellow. UC Berkeley, 2019.
- Algorithms and Randomness Center Fellowship. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2016.
- Algorithms, Combinatorics and Optimization Fellowship. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2013-2015.
- Best Student of Class 2013. Stony Brook University Applied Mathematics and Statistics Department, 2013.
- Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence. Stony Brook University, 2013.
- Awards for Academic Excellence. Stony Brook University, 2009-2013.
- Award and Scholarship from Vietnam Ministry of Education. Vietnam, 2007.
- Silver Medal in International Physics Olympiad. Iran, 2007.
- Honorable Mention in Asian Physics Olympiad. China, 2007.
- First Prize in Vietnam National Physics Olympiad. Vietnam, 2007.
Office: A08-230, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, 95110
Office Phone: 408-536-8699