Frequently Asked Questions:
WIFI for the team gym
Use the server that IS TeamGym. password:TTYC6908
How to make a shortcut to team page on your device
- Android- To add a shortcut icon on your home screen-
- Open browser for Android and go to your favorite web page.
- Press the Menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser) , then tap on Page.
- Tap Add Page Shortcut.
- Your shortcut should now appear on your home screen.
2.Apple- To add website icon on your homescreen.
- Open Broswer on Apple device and go to your favorite page
- At the bottom of the screen, or on the top right you'll see an icon depicting an arrow that looks like it's trying to get away from a square. ...
- If you managed to tap that button successfully, you'll have a few options. ...
- You'll be asked to choose a name for the homescreen icon.
What does my Tuition cover?
Coaching by Tumblebees staff and facility costs. Paid to Tumblebees office or on website.
What is TYAA?
Triad Youth Athletic Association- the parent organization that supports the gymnastics teams.
What are Assessment Fees?
Fees that cover anything to do with Team. They cannot be paid to Tumblebees and must be paid to the nonprofit parent association only (TYAA).
They are 2 different governing bodies for the sport of gymnastics.
What commitment is my child making?
A commitment to her coaches, team and self to be a part of this team for one year. Starting in June and ending in June. Gymnastics is a year round sport that requires year round training. Being on team requires a financial commitment so that fees can be planned for and shared by all team members.
How will she handle the time commitment?
Gymnasts are a different breed. They generally feed off the challenge. They learn time management skills and tend to waste less time. The coaches encourage strong academics as well.
What benefits will being on team give her?
Confidence, strength, balance, flexibility, comradery, “coachability”, focus, performance skills.
What does team cost?
Tumblebees Hourly Tuition + Team Assessment Fees + Uniform Fees + Travel Costs to meets
(X-cel and Optionals also have fees for choreography and music editing fees.)
You will receive a fee schedule so that you can plan accordingly.
When are meets? How long do they last?
You will receive a meet schedule at the beginning of the season. Your gymnast will attend 5-9 meets. Meets are usually Saturday or Sunday with your gymnast's session lasting about 4 hours. Session times are released 2 weeks prior to a meet. States, Regionals, Nationals are the same format.
Does she have to attend all the meets?
The coaches set the schedule and meets are required. Of course, injury, sickness and significant events happen. Since the coaches fees are divided by the total number of girls on the team. You pay the fees whether or not your child attends.
Here are some helpful links to introduce you to the world of gymnastics:
Facebook: Private Team Facebook group
Articles for Gymnastics Parent