1st Tübingen Robust Learning Symposium
About the Event
The Tübingen Robust Learning Symposium is a one-day, biannual meeting organized by doctoral students of the BMBF Competence Center for Machine Learning.
- Date & Time: 9am to 6pm February 17, 2020
- Venue: Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Max-Planck-Ring 4, 72076 Tübingen
- Attendees: Doctoral Students and Faculty Members of the Tübingen AI Competence Center "Robust Learning"; Interested Doctoral Students from other groups at the University of Tübingen and the Max Planck Institutes in Tübingen and Stuttgart
Morning Session (MPI-IS Lecture Hall)
- 8.30am - 9.00am: Registration Desk open, MPI-IS Lobby
- 9.00am - 9.10am: Welcome & Introduction – Steffen Schneider, Organizing Committee
- 9.10am - 10.10am: Learning Disentangled Representations – Invited Talk by Francesco Locatello, ETH Zurich
- 10.20am - 11.00am: Robust Learning Research at the Tübingen AI Center – Matthias Bethge, Director of the Tübingen AI Center
- 11.15am - 12.15pm: Promising Research Directions in Visual Learning – Invited Talk by Thomas Brox, University of Freiburg
- 12.15pm - 1.00pm: Lunch Break in the MPI-IS Lobby
In case you only attend the afternoon/evening sessions, you can also come to the registration desk during the lunch break.
- 1.00pm - 4.30pm: Workshop Sessions
- 1.00pm - 2.45pm: First Part
- 2.45pm - 3.15pm: Coffee Break in the MPI-IS Lobby
- 3.15pm - 4.30pm: Second Part
- Track I: Zeynep Akata, Eric Raidl, Lenon Minorics: Interpretability & Explainable AI (MPI-IS Lecture Hall)
- Track II: Georg Martius and Sebastian Blaes: Robust Action Learning (Max Planck House Lecture Hall)
- Track III: Dylan Paiton and Santiago Cadena: Neuroscience and ML (Max Planck Cybernetics Seminar Room)
- Track IV: Wieland Brendel and Jonas Rauber: Robust Perception & Adversarial Robustness (Max Planck House Seminar Room)
Attendance is open to all interested students, researchers and faculty members in Tübingen and the joint Stuttgart & Tübingen graduate schools (like IMPRS-IS) on a first come, first served basis. Registration closed on 06/02 at noon.
We might still be able to accommodate you, please reach out directly to steffen [at] bethgelab [dot] org if you are interested in joining for one of the sessions. In case you want to join the workshops, please directly indicate your preference.