When Trueflame Tech started, it wasn’t just a tech company out to make a buck.
I saw a gap - there were plenty of tech companies to choose from that could remove a virus, replace a hard drive, or screw in a smart light bulb - but how many of them took the time to explain things?
How many of them sell only things that they would personally be willing to buy?
The answer was, not many. None had all the core principles (at least not when combined with experience) that I would hope they would have.
There were none that I would feel comfortable recommending anyone to. So here's what I did:
I started Trueflame Tech.
Here are our principles.
- You'll never encounter a hidden fee or an unexpected cost.
No work will be done without the price being agreed upon beforehand. If unexpected repairs are needed, they will be discussed before the plan is altered.
- For every job done, I will take the time to explain it in layman’s terms -
Before, and after as needed. Want technical details? I’ve got those too.
- I won’t leave you hanging.
For every computer, phone, or router purchased, I’ll give you up to an hour and a half of one on one tutoring and QA. Have more questions after? A discount is available for additional tutoring time.
- ‘Taking longer than expected’ will not mean ‘more expensive than quoted’.
For everything except tutoring/ training, we charge per service, not per hour - so you don’t need to worry about things ‘taking longer than expected’. At least if we need to say it, it’s no additional cost to you.
- I won’t sell anything I believe isn’t worth buying.
I’m very picky about what I’m willing to buy, as experience in the industry showed me most offerings aren't worth buying. You won't get junk here. If you need me to fit into a budget, I’ll try my best do so without lowering that bar.
- The prices listed here are what you can expect to pay for service.
If the job requires parts, the cost of the parts will also be discussed beforehand - again, no surprises. We don’t like them, you probably don’t either.
- I won’t treat you as though you’re ‘stupid’ for not understanding something in a field that isn’t yours.
You hired me because it isn’t your field, and whatever yours is isn’t mine. You might be a teacher, nurse, mechanic or a neurosurgeon - no one is ‘stupid’ for wanting to learn.
- The computers you buy from me will be better than you can buy from the store for equivalent prices, because I’ll get you the deals I get.
Smart geeks buy refurbished business-class computers because they’re high-end, well-designed, and they last. Best part? They’re affordable. Companies buy them in bulk, then tend to upgrade every two years. I lean heavily towards selling these units, because I have had excellent experiences with them. When you buy from me, you get what the smart nerds get.