At the end of 2017, Troop 10 Needham produced their one hundredth Eagle Scout!
For projects in the past, the Troop has...
- Cleared 1.5 miles of the Charles River trail across from Ridge Hill.
- Built and installed 8 bat houses along the Mother Brook Dedham Conservation land.
- Built and installed 12 6' x 4' lap swim turn-boards at Rosemary Pool. They were water proofed and custom holes were installed.
- Built a large plant exchange structure and installed it at the Needham Recycling Station.
- Installed trail kiosk, bench and 80 feet of bog boardwalks in the Mitchell School Town Forest.
- Repainted and added stencils of abbreviations to Mitchell School's U. S. map.
- Painted a new world map at Mitchell School.
- Collected bikes for a bike drive
Possible Eagle Projects:
- Needham Community Farm needs an arbor to be built. This will be used to shade the washing tables and also to grow grapes.
- Hillside School: paint map of the U. S., paint a chess board, fix outdoor amphitheater, install bench around tree and put dirt down to cover exposed roots.
Two websites that list possible Eagle projects.
BSA Overview of Eagle Project requirements: