Trinity Bible Ministries
Trinity Bible Ministries exists to glorify God
by bringing about transformation in the Ugandan church.
TRINITY BIBLE MINISTRIES
Trinity Bible Institute exists to give Bible training to pastors and church leaders in all areas of Uganda, with a special focus on rural pastors, in order to accurately represent God and His salvation plan for all people.
We teach pastors and church leaders by reading through the entire New Testament together, verse by verse. We also teach the core statement of faith which is fundamental to all Christian churches globally. Finally, we teach keys topics central to both the needs and desires of pastors and church leaders in the 21st century.
Students: The Bible teaching program takes 2 years to complete, or 240 hours. Students must attend 80% of classes, pass exams with an average score of 80% or better, and exhibit ethical and moral qualities that are expected of a religious leader.
Teachers: Teachers must have completed this diploma program and one other to be qualified to teach this program. For example, if a pastor has completed a diploma program at the Uganda Baptist Seminary (or other institute), he or she must also complete this diploma program as well in order to become a teacher. A pastor may also repeat this diploma program to qualify for teaching, so long as he or she completes both programs with an 80% score or better. Pastors with degrees from reputable universities are qualified to teach as well.
We teach pastors and church leaders in a 3 part course.
(1) We teach by reading through the entire New Testament Bible, verse by verse, thoroughly explaining it as we read together.
(2) We thoroughly teach a statement of faith that is fundamental to the Christian faith.
(3) We teach key topics that every pastor and church leader both wants and needs to know to be effective in helping their communities.
Trinity Bible Institute:
The reason that we teach pastors in this way are many:
- The Bible was written to teach and instruct us, so why would we use something else?
- The Holy Spirit does His amazing work in the hearts of those who open His Word and study it.
- Most pastors haven't read and really understood much of the New Testament.
- Most pastors have the Bible in a different language than their mother tongue, so they struggle to see deeper or hidden meanings, or understand the different styles of writing that the Bible is written in.
- It is easily reproducible. Pastors will not need any more than a Bible to go and make disciples. We teach them how to do this through modeling.
- Most pastor training classes are in English. If a pastor doesn't speak very good English, then he cannot learn. Our program uses the language the pastors speak by using a Bible in their own language.
- The Holy Spirit can convict a person when studying Scripture, bringing about repentance and a changed person.
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, i
t penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Part (1) - Reading through the 27 New Testament books of the Bible.
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts of the Apostles, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, and Revelation.
(2) Trinity Bible Institute Statement of Faith:
Things to come (end times)
(3) Topics Taught:
Salvation (also see section under Statement of Faith)
Bible Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
Names of God and the Lord vs LORD use (under Statement of Faith)
Future topics to be developed and addressed in this program: TBM Pastor and Church Leader Training