Current lab members
Current lab members
- Dan Nasko, Ph.D. (postdoctoral scientist) - Dr. Nasko joins us from the Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (CBCB) at the University of Delaware. He worked on his Ph.D. under the direction of Prof. Eric Wommack and Prof. Shawn Polson, and his dissertation research centered around viral metagenomics and elucidating phage-host interactions. He was a primary contributor to VIROME, in addition to multiple other tools and software. Dr. Nasko will be working on a newly funded IARPA project that will assign taxonomic labels, function, and threat status to short (~500bp) DNA sequences.
- Reilly Thate (Intern) - Reilly joins us from Rochester Institute of Technology. Reilly is working on comparing/contrasting metagenomic classification tools.
- Shilpa Roy (Intern) - Shilpa joined us as a senior from Eleanor Roosevelt HS and worked on comparing/contrasting Illumina MiSeq, HiSeq, PacBio RS II and Oxford Nanopore data in her research practicum titled "Mapping the effectiveness of genome sequencing technologies".
- Sarah Allard (University of Maryland College Park, College Park, MD)
- Nick Bergman (National Biodefense and Countermeasures Center, Frederick, MD)
- Sharon Bewick (University of Maryland College Park, College Park, MD)
- Mark Burns (Georgetown University, Washington D.C.)
- Aaron Darling (University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, Australia)
- Bill Fagan (University of Maryland College Park, College Park, MD)
- Judson Hervey (National Research Lab, Washington D.C.)
- Scott Jackson (National Institute for Standards in Technology, Gaithersburg, MD)
- Sergey Koren (NHGRI/NIH, Bethesda, MD)
- Don Milton (University of Maryland College Park, College Park, MD)
- Brian Ondov (NHGRI/NIH, Bethesda, MD)
- Adam Phillippy (NHGRI/NIH, Bethesda, MD)
- Hendrik Poinar (McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada))
- Eduardo Rocha (Institute Pasteur, Paris, France)
- Steven Salzberg (Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD)
- Sara Vieira-Silva (KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium)
- Sonia Villapol (Georgetown University, Washington D.C.)
- Tandy Warnow (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL)