Peer review experience/service
- Associate Editor at BMC Bioinformatics
- Reviewer for (conferences): ISBRA, ACM-BCB, ICCABS, RECOMB-CG, RECOM-SEQ, WABI
- Reviewer for (journals): Nature Biotechnology, Nature Methods, Genome Biology, Genome Research, Oxford Bioinformatics, BMC Bioinformatics, MBE, Nucleic Acids Research, PLoS Genetics, PLoS ONE.
- Adjunct Professor/Lecturer of Computer Science department CMSC423: Introduction to Bioinformatics Algorithms class during 2012 Fall Semester at University of Maryland, College Park, MD.
- Instructor of Introduction to Bioinformatics class for 2011 CBCB Summer Internship Program at University of Maryland.
- Instructor of Introduction to Programming/C++ class during 2002/03 academic year at the University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
- Received Oxford Bioinformatics distinguished reviewer award for 2012
- Finalist for best PhD dissertation award during academic year 2007/2008
- Awarded European Distinguished PhD Award for presenting PhD in two languages and performing more than 6 months of research abroad