UC Santa Cruz
Transfer Prep Program
The UC Santa Cruz Transfer Preparation Program (TPP) supports prospective transfer students from California community colleges and assists them in enrolling at the University of California, Santa Cruz, as well as other campuses. TPP representatives work most closely with students who are attending one of the thirteen community colleges in the region to plan a successful transfer program, but will assist any California community college student who has questions.
Our Transfer Outreach Representatives visit community colleges on an ongoing basis to meet with students and provide advising and support to help them attain their transfer goals. All students, including educationally disadvantaged, first-generation college-going, and low-income students are invited to take advantage of TPP services. Students who are attending California community colleges are welcome to contact us for information and guidance via telephone, email, or Skype. The Transfer Preparation Program helps students achieve their educational goals.
- Academic planning and guidance
- Transfer peer mentoring
- Financial aid and scholarships information
- Transfer, TAP, TAG, UC application workshops
- Referrals to campuses of interest
- Course, major, and general education articulation
- Transfer survival skills workshops
- Invitations to campus-sponsored events
- Collaborative activities with community college and UC programs