My name is Tran Thi Hai Yen. I am currently an M.A. student in the Linguistics Department - University of Kansas, U.S. I had been an English instructor for three years before going to the U.S.
My research interests are psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- 2017 - present: M.A., Linguistics, University of Kansas, U.S.
- 2009 - 2013: B.A., English Education, School of Foreign Languages - Thai Nguyen - Vietnam
- 2013 - 2016: English as a Foreign Language Teacher (Full time) - School of Foreign Languages - Thai Nguyen University, Vietnam.
- English as a Foreign Language Teacher (Part time) - American English Academy - Phu Binh, Thai Nguyen, Vietnam
Presentations and publications
- Tran, Y., Vu, L., Practical strategies in guiding students English magazine project at School of Foreign Languages - Thai Nguyen University. The 1st Symposium on Project-based Language Learning - Thai Nguyen University, Vietnam.
- Tran, Y., Developing oral proficiency to SFL students via Viet-Skype Project - a preliminary evaluation and future directions - from organizers’ perspectives. English Department Workshop - School of Foreign Languages - Thai Nguyen University, Vietnam.
- Tran, Y., Building students’ speaking capacity through a student- empowered online learning model”. (Virtual presentation). International Academic Forum on Technology in Classroom- Kobe, Japan.
Participation, awards and fellowships
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program
M.A. degree in Linguistics - University of Kansas - U.S.
- Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Alumni Thematic International (YSEALI AlumniTIES) Small Grant
Make Science Make Sense - A group project helps raise awareness of the relationship between sciences and academic majors for high school students in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. ($8.000)
- YSEALI AlumniTIES Exchange Seminar
Training workshops on project management and community organizing.
- Audience Choice Award - Best project idea - YSEALI AlumniTIES Exchange Seminar
Best group project presentation at YSEALI AlumniTIES
- Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund 2016 (sponsored by U.S. Government)
Brave Girls - Women leadership training for female students in northern mountainous provinces, Vietnam. ($24.000)
- Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Summit
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Intercultural seminars, discussions and collaboration with other ASEAN young leaders to address specific local issues
- Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Academic Fellowship
Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, Illinois, U.S.
Workshops, field trips on how to create successful social movements
- The 1st symposium on project-based language learning in TNU. Developing oral proficiency among SFL students via Viet-Skype Project- a preliminary evaluation and future directions. English Department Workshop, Thai Nguyen University, Vietnam.
- Developing English teaching skills through practical experience. English Department Workshop, Thai Nguyen University, Vietnam.
- ASEAN Integration, opportunities and challenges for students and teachers at TNU. School of Foreign Languages - Thai Nguyen University, Vietnam.
Community English Club - Department of English - A club-based approach to student empowerment. Thai Nguyen University, Vietnam.