Why run for school board?
* Level-headed - It is very important to make logical decisions.
* Increased Transparency - Anytime taxpayers' money is involved, they have the right to know where that money goes.
* Focus on Students - Our students need to be ready for the real world.
* Community Engagement - We must work together to give our children the best possible chance at success.
* Relevance - A vested interest in the success of the district as my children are just beginning their educational journey in LWSD.
Meet Dr. John Towers
I have always enjoyed being a part of the education process. My passion in life lies with working with people and being engaged in the community.
I grew up in Sedro-Woolley, a small town nestled in the Cascade foothills of Skagit County. My mother worked as a classroom aide at Cascade Middle School within the Sedro-Woolley School District. Throughout secondary school, I became involved with mentoring younger students.
My love of learning ultimately led me to become a doctor of chiropractic. I chose this career path as I wanted to make a positive change in the lives of people around me. Everyday in the office brings me joy as I engage with the public.
My wife is a middle school science teacher and we are raising three energetic sons. Our eldest son is a student at Ella Baker Elementary on Redmond Ridge. It is always a pleasure having the opportunity to volunteer in his classroom. I also have the opportunity to work with the students at Ella Baker through the soccer enrichment class that I run once a week after school.
Read more about me and my qualifications for school board here.