2015 TBRC Annual Meeting
The 2015 annual meeting of the Texas Bird Records Committee (hereafter committee or TBRC) was held at 11:00 AM on 1 August 2015 at the Biodiversity Researching and Teaching Collections in College Station, Texas. Keith Arnold served as host. Six members were present in person; four members attended via conference call. In attendance were:
● Randy Pinkston, Chair
● Eric Carpenter, Secretary
● Keith Arnold, Academician
● Greg Cook
● Mark Lockwood (via conference call)
● Jim Paton (via conference call)
● Byron Stone
● Tim Fennell
● Mary Gustafson (via conference call)
● Petra Hockey (via conference call)
Due to some technical difficulties with access to the building and setting up the conference call, the meeting was convened at 11:45 AM.
Election of Members
Pinkston, Carpenter, Arnold were the only nominees respectively for the Chair, Secretary, Academician positions. Cook’s and Lockwood’s first term both expired at the meeting and both had indicated their willingness to serve a second term. Stone moved that everyone be re-elected by acclamation. This was seconded by Lockwood and voting was unanimous in favor.
Gustafson’s and Fennell’s 2nd-term both expired at the Annual Meeting. Nominations for the open position were Dan Jones (nominated by Randy Pinkston), Stephan Lorenz (nominated by Petra Hockey), Chris Runk (nominated by Byron Stone), and Ron Weeks (nominated by Mark Lockwood). Discussions were had about each of the candidates and then the members voted. Dan Jones and Stephan Lorenz received the most votes are were elected to fill the open positions.
Effective at the end of the Annual Meeting, current membership and term of service are as follows:
● Randy Pinkston, Chair - term expires in 2017; can be re-elected
● Eric Carpenter, Secretary (not a Voting Member) - term expires in 2016; can be re-elected
● Keith Arnold, Academician - term is as listed for Secretary; can be re-elected
● Dan Jones – 1st term expires in 2018, can be re-elected
● Stephan Lorenz – 1st term expired in 2018, can be re-elected
● Petra Hockey – 1st term expires in 2017, can be re-elected
● Greg Cook – 2nd term expires in 2018
● Mark Lockwood – 2nd term expires in 2018
● Jim Paton - 2nd term expires in 2016
● Byron Stone - 2nd term expires in 2016
The sequence of members for voting becomes:
Fourth Round Records
There was 1 fourth round records that was discussed and voted on:
2013-29 – Red-necked Grebe
16-18 Feb 2013, near Packery Channel, Nueces Co.
not accepted 0-9
With no other formal business on the agenda and no Any Other Business items raised, the meeting was adjourned at 12:15 PM.
Secretary, Texas Bird Records Committee