Mexico and Hawaii
>> click on an Album Thumbnail to open the Foto Album <<
Baja California Sur, Mexico 2017
Baja California Sur, Mexico 2009
Baja California Sur, Mexico 2003
Baja California, Mexico 2017
Baja California, Mexico 2006
A nice place to visit ... beautiful vistas, charming villages, warm friendly people, great public art works and whale watching.
Includes fotos of Puerto Vallarta, La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Bucerias, Sayulita, San Francisco / San Pancho.
Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico 2014
Big Island, Hawaii 2012
Big Island, Hawaii 2010
The 2nd largest of the Hawaiian Islands. My favourite activities are:
- Travelling the Road to Hana, with its abundance of natural beauty including many waterfalls and the painted tree grove.
- Haleakalā, with its summit at 10,023 feet. Sunrise is amazing as is hiking into the crater.
- Whale watching and snorkeling.
Maui, Hawaii 2010
Maui, Hawaii 2005
Kauai (or Kauaʻi ), is the oldest geologically and 4th largest of the main Hawaiian Islands. Known as the "Garden Isle", it has several stunning natural landmarks. My favourites are:
- Waimea Canyon, “the Grand Canyon of the Pacific”, is 10 miles (16 km) long and up to 3,000 feet (900 m) deep. Waimea means "reddish water", referring to the erosion of the canyon's red soil. The island's central peak, Mount Waiʻaleʻale, is among the wettest places on earth.
- The Nā Pali Coast - 16 miles (26 km) starting at Keʻe Beach extending to Polihale State Park. The na pali (“high cliffs”) rise 4,000 feet (1,200 m) above the Pacific Ocean.
- Kīlauea Point National Wildlife Refuge and Lighthouse.
- Wailua Falls, an 83 foot waterfall located near Lihue.
- Spouting Horn, part of the Koloa Heritage Trail ... with every wave, water shoots upward (up to 50 feet) through an opening in the eroded lava rocks and creates a hissing sound.
And, of course, the thousands of colourful feral chickens and wild roosters that roam everywhere on the island.