Toronto Science Fair
Toronto Science Fair 2018 was a huge success, with over 500 students displaying their work from across the city. Our projects also were awarded prizes at the Canada Wide Science Fair held in Ottawa, Ontario. Plans for the 2019 Toronto Science Fair are underway. We welcome past participating schools to this year’s fair. In addition, we encourage entries from schools that have yet to participate in our event.
If project based science and technology is part of your school’s curriculum, or if you have students who may be interested in doing a project independently, please go to our website at www.torontosciencefair.ca for additional information. Information about developing inquiry-based learning projects in your classroom via Toronto Science Fair can also be found at this site.
University of Toronto Scarborough
Check In and Set up:
Friday, April 5, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Science Fair Day, Judging:
Saturday, April 6, 2019
Register Your School
Opens January 7, 2019
You will receive unique passwords for your student registration
Register Student Projects
Student project must be completed BEFORE Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 6:00 pm.
No late entries will be accepted
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can participate?
- Participation is open to all K-12 students in Toronto (determined by postal code, starts with "M")
- Home-School students must be residents of Toronto
- Students residing in Toronto but attending school outside of Toronto are not eligible to participate
- Schools are responsible for selecting the students and projects to represent them
- K-12 Schools/Secondary Schools - 10 projects
- K-8 Schools - 8 projects
- Grade 7/8 Schools - 5 projects
- K-6 Schools - 6 projects
What is the cost to participate?
- Toronto Catholic District School Board projects - registration fee is covered by the TCDSB. No further action is required.
- Toronto District School Board projects - registration fee is covered by the TDSB. No further action is required.
- Independent/Private/Home-schooled - Grade 7-12 projects are subject to a $100 registration fee
- Limited number of bursaries are available for those that require financial assistance
- Registration fees must be received before Wednesday, March 6, 2019 (non-refundable after this date) .
How many students can work on a project?
- Grade 7-12 projects must be the work of at most two students, and those same two students must present the project at any fair.
- Grade K-6 projects may be the work of a larger group, but may only be presented by a maximum of 2 students from that group.
Can I wear my school uniform?
- No student will be allowed to compete in the fair in school uniform
Please refer to the website for a complete list of rules and regulations, www.torontosciencefair.ca
Please note that Canada Wide Science Fair safety regulations (including project dimensions) are enforced at the Toronto Science Fair. Participants in violation of safety rules will be asked to remove all violations from their project area and in extreme cases may be disqualified. No plant, tissue, soil, food stuffs or material which may decompose may be exhibited. No containers of toxic or flammable chemicals are allowed. No non-insulated exposed wires are permitted. Pay special attention to the rules regarding projects involving animals.
Check the website to see the awards that are offered
Please visit the Toronto Science Fair website soon and regularly to ensure that you and your students have the most up-to-date information. Check all the rules and regulations as well!