Toronto CREW Scholarship Program
About Toronto CREW and the Scholarship Program
Toronto Commercial Real Estate Women (Toronto CREW) is a business development network for women who represent a broad cross-section of disciplines in the commercial real estate industry. Toronto CREW is a chapter within CREW Network which has over 10,000 members across 70 major markets in North America. CREW Network is the industry's premier business networking organization dedicated to advancing the achievements of women in commercial real estate. There are currently six chapters across Canada - Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Saskatoon.
Our Mission: Dedicated to empowering women to excel, influence and lead throughout their commercial real estate careers.
Toronto CREW Real Estate Scholarship: To encourage women to enter the commercial real estate industry, a scholarship of up to $3,000 CAD may be awarded to a full-time female student who will complete an academic program focused on careers found in the commercial real estate industry and who has an intention to pursue a career in commercial real estate.
Who is Eligible?
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be female.
- Enrolled in the last two years of a post-secondary level program with a curriculum focused on professions found in the commercial real estate industry.
- Demonstrated interest in and plans to pursue a career in the commercial real estate industry.
- Demonstrated community involvement, which may include school activities.
- Superior academic achievement with a grade average above 79.5%.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident.
How to Apply
Submit your application on-line on or before January 31, 2019 (handwritten forms will not be not accepted).
The following items must be prepared in order to complete the online application process:
- Current Resume
- Statement of Purpose, maximum 500 words, that clearly describes your academic and professional goals, their relevance to your program and specifically, your intent to have a career in commercial real estate.
- Verification of enrolment from the registrar of the applicable academic institution which will also confirm enrolment in the eligible program, as listed above, at the time of submitting your application for the scholarship.
- Transcripts of grades or equivalent records for all post-secondary institutions, with an explanation of the grading system with each transcript submitted. You may submit unofficial transcripts when you apply online, however original transcripts must be sent directly by the institution to:
Toronto CREW Scholarship Committee
1552 Arcadia Square
Pickering, ON L1V 6W6
- Recommendation #1: Provide the contact information of one faculty member (name, title, institution, email) who will be contacted by the scholarship committee to complete an online recommendation on your behalf.
- Recommendation #2: Provide the contact information of one employer, volunteer supervisor or academic advisor (name, title, institution, email) who will be contacted by the scholarship committee to complete an online recommendation on your behalf.
- Note that:
- All non-English documents must be translated into English.
- All application materials must be received by Toronto CREW on or before January 31, 2019. Articles, pamphlets, books or other publications are not requested and will not be considered.
- The application materials received will not be returned to the applicant and only materials related to successful applicants will be kept on file.
- By submitting an application, you consent to Toronto CREW using your name, province and school on its website and in its communications.
- Scholarship recipients are not permitted to defer the scholarship award.
- Toronto CREW scholarship recipients may accept additional grants and scholarships from other sources, including from CREW Network.
- If you will be graduating from your academic program at the end of 2019, you are still eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Applicants are eligible for an award of up to a maximum of $3000 CAD.
- Scholarship awards are announced in the spring and paid by late Spring of 2019.
- Questions about the applications process should be sent to TorontoCREWScholarships@gmail.com.
For any other questions contact email@example.com.
The information provided by scholarship applicants will be used by the Toronto CREW Scholarship Committee to assess whether the applicant has satisfied the scholarship criteria and for selecting the scholarship recipients, and that the information provided by the applicants will be disclosed to the Toronto CREW Scholarship Committee, the Toronto CREW Board of Directors and designated representatives of the organization, and will not be disclosed to any other organization or person.