Titletown Bike Tour
NOW A Virtual ride
20th Annual Ride!
Did you know that the Titletown Bike Tour has been riding strong since 2001? We are proud to say that we have become a community staple event over the years and look forward to many more years to come!
Calling All Cyclists! We are excited to announce that this year Titletown Bike Tour has gone virtual!
Given the circumstances surrounding the pandemic and social gathering guidelines, we are re-imagining the 20th Annual Titletown Bike Tour.
Please consider registering and fundraising as a part of this year's Titletown Bike Tour.
Traditionally, this event rides through some of the most beautiful countryside in Brown and Oconto counties while also serving as a way to raise funds to support Beat Cancer Family Foundation. This year's virtual event will give all of us an opportunity to still enjoy these aspects of our event in a new way. Your participation, donations, fundraising/pledges and sponsorship mean more to us than ever.
Like many other non-profit organizations, donations are significantly down because of COVID-19. Approximately 35% of the revenue that funds our programs are generated from Titletown Bike Tour and related contributions. The 2020 Titletown Bike Tour will be more important than ever and we are asking for your support by riding virtually alone or with a small team to support us.
Benefits of a Virtual Ride
While this isn't how we thought this year's ride would go, there are still many benefits to participating in a virtual ride.
- You don't need to come to Green Bay to complete the ride. This will allow riders from anywhere to participate in Titletown Bike Tour 2020. Try a new route in 2020!
- No need to worry about the weather. You can ride any day that you want.
- No long lines at the port-a-potties.
- No parking issues.
- All participants will receive the exclusive recipe for the beloved Titletown Energy Bites.
- And most of all, your participation supports Beat Cancer Family Foundation!
We Need You!
Titletown Bike Tour is the primary fundraiser for Beat Cancer Family Foundation. Our mission is to "inspire people in our community to lead cancer-free healthy lifestyles." We do this by providing cancer awareness and prevention presentations in local schools. Our objective is to provide education about the connection between cancer and healthy lifestyles. While we know that cancer is not 100% preventable, we teach that your actions can help shape your health journey. Typically, we reach over 17,000 students per school year and this year is no exception. In fact, we have reached over 550 students since March by changing from in-classroom to virtual learning for our students. A pandemic could not stop us and it should not stop you from riding!
Virtual Race Goodies
All participants will receive a race goodie bag that will include the official 2020 Titletown Bike Tour t-shirt, 2020 official route map, cooling towel and offers from our sponsors. A ride bib and finishers certificate can be printed from the RaceEntry.com registration site. We will be scheduling a "drive through" packet pickup for goodie bags (details coming soon) or they will be mailed out the week after the official event date of July 11th. *Please note that t-shirts are not guaranteed for registrations after our June 12th shirt order date.
How Can You Participate in the Virtual Ride?
- Register for Our Ride! If you haven't already registered, register or donate and encourage others to do the same! Funds raised through this event support Beat Cancer Family Foundation and our Cancer Education and Awareness program.
- Share Your Why! Post to your social network WHY you are participating. Are you riding in honor or memory of someone? Are you riding to encourage others to live a healthy lifestyle? It's powerful and encouraging - please share a picture, a post or a video using the hashtags #TTBT2020 and #BCFFmission.
- Track and Share Your Progress. As you train for Titletown Bike Tour, share your progress on Facebook, Instagram and Linked In by sharing a live video and pictures. Post your fundraising goal and a link to your fundraising page too.
- Complete Your Ride! Ride one of our official routes OR ride a route in your neighborhood or jump on a stationary bike any time before July 11th. Remember to follow social distancing guidelines on your ride.
We appreciate that these are unprecedented times both financially and socially but with a little imagination we can still do great things!
PLEASE NOTE that all riding for this virtual event is DIY. These routes are unmarked, without rest stops or aid stations. Also, if you signed up for the 3 mile Family Ride, you are still welcome to participate but you will not be receiving a participation packet for your free registration.