Art and Garden Party
at the Tinker Homestead
June 29, 11:00-3:00
Artist Reception June 28, 6:30
The Tinker Homestead and Farm Museum is having an Art and Garden Party! We would love to fill the House, Barns, and even the Gardens with art from local artists. We can't do that without submissions from the area. We have put together a committee of 6 members from the Friends of Tinker Nature Park board and staff, to help us choose.
Here are some things to consider:
Submissions must follow these three principals:
- is the artist’s original work
- shows imagination and originality.
- is of professional quality.
- work made from commercial kits,
- patterns, stencils or molds
- buy and sell items
- personal care items
- edible items
- flowers (fresh, dried, silk)
- beaded jewelry made solely by restringing commercially produced or purchased beads.
Categories of Work
- Digital art
- Mixed media
- Wearable art
- Submissions are due by May 1. Anything later can not be guaranteed to be reviewed.
- There are no admission fees for this show, it is exhibition only
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org three (3) photos that demonstrate clearly the style and quality of your work
- LABEL your photos LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME 1..2..3...
- Add a short description of your work, materials and technique. If selected, this will be displayed along with your piece.
- If you are submitting work in two categories, submit separate images and descriptions for each. You may exhibit work only in categories that have been reviewed and accepted.
Submissions will be selected for display by a committee, during the month of May. All applicants will be informed of the decision by May 31.
The Tinker Homestead will be providing space and tables, gallery mounts, easels etc... for pieces chosen to be placed within the House, Barns, and Museum. If the artist has special requirements for display, then special arrangements may be made.