Nevera Wars Card Game
Nevera Wars is a deck construction card game set in the world overrun with necromancers and undead. Players construct a deck of undead minion cards and then use their minions' varied abilities to destroy their opponent.
We are undermining the usual stumbling blocks of deck construction games to give you a satisfying, competitive and varied experience:
- All minion cards can be played face down as resources, meaning there is no possibility of resource screw or flood.
- Minions have the abilities and spells, so players are always able to take actions on their turn.
- No rare or under-powered cards; every card is designed to be competitive and viable.
- You can summon a minion, ascend it, and use its abilities in the same turn for big comebacks.
- Shift play style any time, harass your opponent, buff yourself, or just deliver a big swing!
Risk and Reward
- Ascending a minion will increase its power, but will be worth more points to your opponent.
- Placing a card face down as a resource will increase your options now, but will be one less minion to fight for you later in the game.
- Do you play several cheaper abilities with risks attached, or fewer expensive abilities with sure outcomes?
Art and Inspiration
- Nevera Wars has a very particular aesthetic, designed to be dark but not muddy, horrific but not gory, and haunting but human.
- Visual influences include Dark Souls, Castlevania, Legacy of Kain, Lovecraft, Guillermo del Toro.
- An important design philosophy has been to make our illustrations inclusive and representative of the diverse individuals they might have been in life.
Developer: Daniel Bishop
Illustrator: Matheus Graef
Graphic Design: Scott Nicely