Third Young Numerical Analysts Meeting in Lombardy - Pavia, May 10, 2019
We are pleased to announce the third edition of the Young Numerical Analysts Meeting in Lombardy (formerly known as MediolaNUM). This year the workshop moves to Pavia, and is therefore called TiciNUM. The previous editions were held in Università di Milano – Bicocca (2018) and Università Statale di Milano (2017).
The meeting aims at building connections and sharing knowledge among the young researchers in Lombardy working in the fields of numerical analysis and scientific computing.
The meeting will take place in the afternoon of May 10th 2019 in the campus of the Università di Pavia (Corso Strada Nuova 65, room Foscolo). Participation is free, but we kindly ask you to send us an email at email@example.com if you are planning to attend.
- Monica Montardini, Università degli Studi di Pavia
- Daniele Prada, CNR-IMATI
- Lorenzo Tamellini, CNR-IMATI
- Mattia Tani, CNR-IMATI
- 14:00- Introduction
- 14:15 - Alessandro Benfenati, Università degli Studi di Milano, On a scaled ε -subgradient method
- 14:40 - Gabriele Loli, Università degli Studi di Pavia, Space-time isogeometric preconditioners for parabolic problems
- 15:05 - Francesco Carlo Massa, Università degli Studi di Bergamo, An implicit high-order Discontinuous Galerkin method applied to variable density incompressible flows
- 15:30 - Coffee break
- 16:00 - Laura Melas, Politecnico di Milano, Earthquake ground motion simulations for seismic risk assessment in large urban areas
- 16:25 - Gianmaria Noventa, Università degli Studi di Brescia, Under-resolved simulation of the turbulent flow using a p-adaptive DG method
- 16:50 - Ken Trotti, Università degli Studi dell'Insubria, Anisotropic multigrid preconditioners for space-fractional diffusion equations
- 17:15 - Michele Visinoni, Università degli Studi di Milano - Bicocca, A virtual element method for 3D elasticity problem based on the Hellinger-Reissner principle
- 17:40 - Closing remarks
The book of abstracts can be found here (updated on March 01, 2019).
How to reach the workshop venue
If you are coming by train, follow the map below to walk from the train station to Corso Strada Nuova (10-15 minutes). Once there, enter the main gate of the campus (civic number 65) and use the stairs to get to the 1st floor. Room Foscolo is on the right. Pictures of the room “Foscolo” can be found here (Adobe Flash plugin required).