I am a visiting assistant professor in Department of Systems Engineering and Engineering Management at University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
I received my Ph.D. degree in Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at North Carolina State University in Dec. 2016, under the supervision of Prof. Shu-Cherng Fang. I received my BS degree in Department of Mathematical Sciences at Tsinghua University in Jul. 2012.
My curriculum vitae is here.
- Theory and applications of linear conic programming, non-convex and integer programming
- L1 spline based approaches for data analytics and approximation, L1-norm optimization
- Supply chain management, energy and power systems
Publications and Working papers
- Tiantian Nie, Ziteng Wang, Shu-Cherng Fang and John E. Lavery, 2017. Convex shape preservation of cubic L1 spline fits. In press, Annals of Data Science.
- Tiantian Nie, Shu-Cherng Fang, Zhibin Deng and John Lavery, 2016. On linear conic relaxation of discrete quadratic programs. Optimization Methods and Software (2016), 31(4), pp. 737-754.
- Han-Lin Li, Shu-Cherng Fang, Yao-Huei Huang and Tiantian Nie, 2016. An enhanced logarithmic method for signomial programming with discrete variables. European Journal on Operational Research, 255(3), pp. 922-934.
- Xiaohu Qian, Shu-Cherng Fang, Min Huang, Tiantian Nie and Xingwei Wang, 2017. Bidding Decisions of Non-equilibrium Strategic Thinking in Reverse Auctions. Submitted to European Journal on Operational Research.
- Tiantian Nie, Shu-Cherng Fang and Qi An, 2017. On l1-norm constrained quadratic programs. Working paper.
- Zhibin Deng, Shu-Cherng Fang, Tiantian Nie and Ye Tian, 2017. Note on linear conic semi-infinite programming. Working paper.
- Qi An, Tiantian Nie and Shu-Cherng Fang, 2017. Enhanced linear reformulation for optimization problems with discrete and continuous variables. Working paper.
- 2017 Fall: SEGR 3102 System simulations, modeling and analysis