(up to $1000 value)
The Reading and Learning Clinic of Manitoba is committed to the utmost fidelity and quality with its training. We are offering a teacher scholarship following the Classroom Educator or Associate training course (taken with the Reading and Learning Clinic of Manitoba) for those who wish to pursue excellence in professional development.
Guidelines for "Teacher Scholarship for Practicum" following Orton-Gillingham training:
- Commit to using Orton-Gillingham 2 hours each week (20-30 minutes daily; 45 -60 minutes/twice a week) within professional practice for one school year
- Submit 5 observed (video recorded or in person) lessons with lesson plans over at least 8 months
- Following each of the 5 video recorded lessons, arrange meeting with supervising Fellow for feedback and guidance for OG lessons
- Any prior trainee with the Reading and Learning Clinic of Manitoba is eligible to apply, however, preference will be for those employed in an independent or public school
The practicum component is necessary for accreditation with the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators.
*Approval from administrator/supervisor and/or school division is required in order to share your pre/post non-identifier, anonymous assessment/progress monitoring results with The Reading and Learning Clinic of Manitoba*
* Required textbook(s) and application fee for membership with Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators is NOT included *
How to Apply:
- Send resume and current professional details (school division, professional position, relevant experience, etc.)
- Cover letter including reasons for applying to this Scholarship
- include: specific context in order to meet the guidelines of this scholarship during the upcoming school year
- Provide confirmation of recommendation of administrator/supervisor and/or school division
- Provide confirmation of approval for anonymous data sharing
- Proof of teacher license accreditation
Applications due: June 15 each year
June 2019 Recipients
We are proud to announce the first annual Practicum Scholarship recipients! The Reading and Learning Clinic of Manitoba is committed to supporting our teachers in our school system.
We champion the exceptional qualities and commitment to the craft of teaching which is exemplified in each of our deserving recipients of this Scholarship award.
1. Jill is a Resource Teacher in an urban public school division in Manitoba.
2. Karine is a Learning Specialist teacher in an urban independent school in Quebec.
3. Noreen is a Grade 1 teacher in a rural public school division in Manitoba.
4. Brandi is a Grade 3/4 teacher in an urban independent school in Manitoba.
5. Lorianne is a Grade 7 ELA and Resource teacher in an urban independent school in Manitoba.