ORTON-GILLINGHAM (AOGPE) for CLASSROOM EDUCATORS
April 27-30, 2020 - SOLD OUTCentro Caboto Centre1055 Wilkes Ave., Winnipeg, MB8:30am-4:30pm
July 7-10, 2020University of Regina ED 114 (Education building)Regina, Saskatchewan8:30am-4:30pmMapParking
July 21-24Centro Caboto Centre1055 Wilkes Ave., Winnipeg, MB8:30am-4:30pm
August 31-September 3, 2020Location - TBD
October 13-16, 2020Centro Caboto Centre1055 Wilkes Ave., Winnipeg, MB8:30am-4:30pm
Prior training has sold out. Limited Seating
Registration Fee: $800 (4 day training course)
Discount may apply for groups of 3 or more from same school at same session. Please contact for more information.
Trainees are eligible for Professional Development hours towards the Special Education Teacher Certificate through Manitoba Education and Training (Certification Branch).
Previous training has partnered with Manitoba Education and Training.
Further Professional Development Opportunities:
Also available upon request: Lesson Planning and Implementation of the Orton-Gillingham Approach
This 30-hour course offers training for:
· teachers to use the Orton-Gillingham approach in a classroom setting
· specialized tutoring intervention practice
· the ﬁrst step towards a Classroom Educator or Associate Level Orton-Gillingham accreditation (AOGPE) (with additional lesson plans, observations, and coursework required)
· aligned and accredited with the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators
During this training, attendees will learn about:
· dyslexia and reading disorders
· strategies for multi-sensory instruction
· formal and informal testing
· how to use information for tutorials and lessons
· how to plan an Orton-Gillingham lesson
· fundamental elements of the Orton-Gillingham approach including an introduction to phonology and basic phonics
· This course is imperative for Special Education teachers working with students who have IEP’s and not achieving proficiency.
· for more information please click here.
*The four day training meets criteria for participants to earn 28 Professional Development hours towards the Special Education Teaching Certificate through Manitoba Certification Branch. Please see more information in Frequently Asked Questions below.*
Note: This is a certification-track course approved by the Academy of Orton Gillingham Practitioners and Educators and taught by a highly experienced AOGPE Fellow and Fellow-in-Training. Many teachers choose to take this course but do not choose to become certified by the Academy. Teachers wanting to certify as an Orton-Gillingham Classroom Educator or Associate practitioner must be aware that certification requires an additional commitment and expense beyond the present course.
*Send information by email*
The course has a shortened lunch. Please bring own lunch and snacks.
Home Email: (needed to send receipt to confirm registration)
- Send cheque or money order
(paid to the order of The Reading and Learning Clinic of Manitoba)
The Reading and Learning Clinic of Manitoba
c/o P.O. Box 55070
710 St. Anne’s Road, Dakota Crossing
Winnipeg, MB R2N 0A8
- e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Possible Additional Expenses
We suggest purchasing the Gillingham Manual, by A. Gillingham & B. Stillman (8th Edition). This is an invaluable reference and resource for implementation, and is NECESSARY for anyone seeking certification (summarizing the manual, chapter-by-chapter, is a required part of the certification process).
Your course fee covers all aspects of the workshop and a set of phoneme cards.
Many teachers pursuing Classroom Educator Level accreditation by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators opt to purchase additional materials, pursue a practicum and/or purchase a membership.
Additional possible expenses for those pursuing certification include:
- Materials fee of $475 USD (includes over 3,300 word cards and sentences) which may be purchased through the trainer.
- Practicum Fee if working towards Classroom Educator accreditation through the Academy: $350-525 USD for 5 lessons
- Application Fee/1st Year Membership for AOGPE: $150 (approx.)
*While many teachers find these packaged resources convenient, others make them on their own.
NO REFUNDS. If you want to transfer your ticket to another person, please contact us.