CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Residency Project @ 880 will soon be accepting applications our Summer 2019 Fellowship program.
WHO SHOULD APPLY: Undergraduate and graduate students in degree-seeking programs relevant to the fellowship for which they're applying.
- have an inquisitive nature and show a deep interest in living and learning in an open and unconventional space
- be self-motivated, hard working, fully committed, reliable, and open to receiving direction and critical feedback
APPLICATION FEE: None
PROGRAM FEE: None
FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Each student fellow will be able to:
- apply disciplinary-specific skills, concepts, terminology, and/or frameworks learned in coursework to accomplish fellowship tasks;
- describe how the fellowship experience enhances understanding of the demands of being a professional working artist/art educator;
- analyze how working one-on-one with an established professional in their field-of-interest translates to their vision of their own practice moving forward;
- develop skills in effective oral and written communication, time management, project management, and fulfilling tasks set by their mentor throughout the fellowship.
For the weeklong fellowship, students will be expected to work with their mentor for approximately 6 hours a day, for a total of 30 hours (Days 1 and 7 are arrival and departure days).
For the two week long fellowship, students will be expected to work with their mentor for approximately 6-8 hours a day for 10-12 days on their fellowship, for a total of up to 72 hours (Days 1 and 14 are arrival and departure days for the resident).
Work can include prep, assigned tasks, research, and clean-up. The schedule will be set in advance by the residency staff in coordination with the artist-in-residence, with clear start and end times for each work day. The schedule is a "scaffold," allowing for variability and exploration within those set hours.
Since the Residency Project @ 880 is a learning opportunity for our fellows, your mentor will be asked to complete an evaluation form at the completion of the residency period. This evaluation form will provide you with helpful feedback on your performance, your areas of growth over the weeklong residency, and any observed opportunities for improvement or further development. The evaluation form is for your information only and is intended to aid you in your professional growth.