About Us/Our Philosophy
What is Tech U?
We are an educational service located on the Northern California Mendocino coast. Our goal is to provide knowledge and training on every day technical topics. We want to give our fellow citizens tools that empower them.
What Services do we provide?
We provide training on common technologies. Our courses evolve with time and range from working with YouTube, video editing and sound editing to 3D printer builds, 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Aided Modelling (CAM), Robotics and more.
Who's behind Tech U?
We are technologists professionally living here on the coast and we're passionate about technology.
- We want to provide relevant, useful and affordable instruction on a wide range of current technologies.
- We favor Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), Freeware and Low Cost Software to keep the barrier of entry low.
- For physical technologies such as 3D Printers, we feature low cost tools preferably based on Open Source/Libre Hardware standards.
To be notified of upcoming events or to sign up for an event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: We will never use your email address for anything but announcing upcoming events.
COMING NEXT: Introduction to Python
When: 10/17/2018 6-9pm
Where: Fort Bragg Library 499 E Laurel St, Fort Bragg, CA 95437
Cost: Totally Free!
No Sign up required, simply show up if you're interested!
Python is wildly popular these days and found in the smallest to largest machines.
• We’ll cover basics like the print statement, variables, if then-else and for loops.
• Learn to write and run Python code in your browser.
• Browser coding means that you can join in without installing software.
• You'll want to bring your computer for this with Wifi. If you don't have a computer, you can always watch and learn.
COMING Up: Parametric Modeling with Fusion 360
When: 11/03/2018 - 11/04/2018 9am to noon both days
Where: Town of Mendocino*
Cost: $90 per student for both days
* If interested, please contact me to arrange payment and sign up. Location details will be provided once registered for the course. Note: Space is limited to 3 students. Location has stairs. A waiver will need to be signed by each student.
This class introduces the student to the concepts and practices of 3D modeling. CAD is a foundational STEM/STEAM skill. A mix of instructor lectures and labs teach students how to find solutions collaboratively to achieve a design goal while learning skills usable in the real world.
Target Audience: Anyone 14 or older with an interest in learning the basics of 3D solid modeling.
Students demonstrate competency by creating a series of 3D models from specifications employing techniques learned in this course. 6-8 classroom hours.
For a more complete class description including some additional class requirements, follow this link: CLASS DESCRIPTION Parametric Modeling with Fusion 360