Microsoft Innovative Education (MIE)
Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Innovative Education (MIE) resources! You can find links to most resources online, as well as special sessions and workshops below.
Get back here quick - http://ly.tcea.org/gomie
Learn more about Microsoft’s hottest tools and resources to empower your students to achieve more! You will get the opportunity to explore tools such as Office Online, OneNote Class Notebooks, Microsoft Forms, and Sway.
Learn how to provide your students with learning experiences beyond the four walls of your classroom using Skype in the Classroom and the Microsoft Educator Community.
As a Microsoft Innovative Education Certified Master Trainer, Certified Trainer for Minecraft and Creative Coding Through Games and Apps (CCGA), MIE Expert, and Microsoft Surface Expert, allow me to share some resources I've put together for you. Do visit the Microsoft Innovative Education Community.
- Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) 1-Day Academy
- Join the TCEA MIE Facebook Community (free, open to all)
- Follow on Twitter, @MicrosoftEDU, and #tceamg hashtag
- Minecraft: Education Edition (TCEA MEE) & Community
- Read TCEA TechNotes Blog Entries focused on Microsoft
You can find links online at http://ly.tcea.org/connect
Get Office 365 for Free
It's not a trial! Students and teachers are eligible for Office 365 for Education, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, plus additional classroom tools. All you need to get started is a valid school email address.
Presentations & Session Resources
- Creative Coding Through Games and Apps: Bring your mobile device and get an overview of CCGA course materials with suggestions how to use them. Copies of the curriculum will be shared. Resources appear in a linked OneNote online notebook.
- Getting to Know Minecraft: Education Edition: Bring your Windows 10 device to this 1-day training to learn how this open world game promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem solving in an immersive environment for your classroom where the only limit is your imagination. We will also explore the Minecraft: Education Edition Community. Resources appear in a linked OneNote online notebook.
- Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) 1-Day Academy: This one-day in-depth training is designed exclusively for K-12 education teacher trainers responsible for delivering professional development training in their school districts. Join the TCEA MIE Facebook Group. Resources appear in a linked OneNote online notebook.
- Microsoft Teams, Your New Virtual Classroom: Teams is a digital hub that brings conversations, content, and apps together in one place. Educators can create collaborative classrooms, connect in professional learning communities, and communicate with school staff – all from a single experience in Office 365 for Education. Learn how to use MS Teams with OneNote Class Notebook.
- Introducing OneNote and OneNote Class Notebook: Learn the basic steps to using OneNote, including creating a workbook in the cloud, adding sections and pages, and taking notes. Learn additional ways to take notes in OneNote app on your mobile device (or OneNote Desktop/2016) by making quick notes, clipping from the Web, capturing images, recording audio, creating links, and inserting tables. We will also explore Learning Tools/Immersive Reader, OneNote Class Notebook and Office Lens app to digitize paper.
- OneDrive in the Office 365 Classroom: Learn how to take advantage of OneDrive, Microsoft's cloud storage, for use in the K-12 classroom, as well as how to create online documents with Office 365. Discover some effective ways to use OneDrive to make resources accessible easily, as well as deliver content over a variety of rooms.
- Introducing Sway: Learn how to create interactive, collaborative presentations, newsletters, podcasts and digital stories with MS Sway. You’ll also learn how to blend audio from various formats into Microsoft Sway.
- Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Train the Trainer 2-day Academy: In this two-day in-depth professional learning session, participants will become MIE Trainers, able to join the TCEA MIE Trainer Community and the Microsoft MIE Trainer Community on Facebook. Participants will leave with the ability to grant badges and points in the Microsoft Educator Community. Resources appear in a linked OneNote online notebook.