TAUPŌ SCHOOL of MUSIC
The Taupō School of Music is a great option for children to start learning about music.
We offer super affordable lessons and tutors who inspire students to play their best.
TSOM's latest message to you regarding COVID-19
At the Taupō School of Music, the well being of our students, families and tutors is paramount and we are following and will continue to follow, the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health guidelines.
As we did in early June, we will adhere to the Ministry of Education and Taupō Primary School's guidelines as a 'visiting school'.
· Everyone must enter Taupō Primary School gounds via the Horomatangi St gate. All other gates around the school will be locked.
· Ideally, only students should come through the gate onto Taupō Primary School grounds. For track and tracing purposes, students' names are on their instrument class roll, which will be passed on to Taupō Primary School each week.
· Any parents that need to enter TSOM to assist children with carrying instruments must sign in with name and phone number and time in and out. We will also have Taupō Primary's QR code poster on hand for the Covid app. Sarah will be at the gate to assist and ensure anyone other than students has signed in and out. In the event of rain, we will have the contact tracing sheets and QR code under cover by our music school office.
· Only students are allowed in the classrooms. If any parents or siblings are on school grounds, they must wait outside the classroom. (We would suggest this might be a good time to either wait in the car or run a town errand!)
· The playground is a sanitation concern, therefore no children are allowed to be in the school playground at any time.
· There will be hand sanitiser in each classroom, and students are expected to sanitise their hands before and after their lesson.
· Brass/Wind students must bring a small towel/cloth to manage their condensation and take this away with them.
· Please do not bring your child to lessons if they are at all unwell – ie have a cough, fever, sore throat, headache or runny nose.
· Tutors will encourage social distancing, but this may not always be possible.
As mentioned before, it is important that we follow the above protocols. Thank you for continuing to support our efforts to provide face to face instrumental lessons to your children.