Tao Xu is a PhD student in Computer Science at Lehigh University. She is supervised by Prof. Xiaolei Huang. She also works closely with Prof. Shaoting Zhang, Prof. Hongsheng Li , Prof. Xiaogang Wang, Prof. Dimitris N. Metaxas and Prof. Xiaodong He. Her research interests are deep learning, machine learning, computer vision and medical image analysis. Her current research focus is applying Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) for image synthesis and semantic segmentation.
- 2013~Present, PhD in Computer Science, Lehigh University, PA, U.S.
- 2010 ~ 2013, M.S. in Computer Application Technology , Chinese Academy of Science , China
- 2006 ~ 2010, B.E. in Agricultural Mechanization and Automatization , China Agricultural University, China
- 01/2018 ~ 05/2018, Research Intern at Facebook, Menlo Park, CA, USA
- 05/2017 ~ 08/2017, Research Intern at Microsoft, Redmond, WA, USA
- 05/2016 ~ 08/2016, Data Science Intern at Awake Networks, Mountain View, CA, USA
- 04/2010 ~ 07/2010, Software Engineering Intern at Sony China Research Laboratory, Beijing, China
(* indicates equal contributions)
Han Zhang*, Tao Xu*, Hongsheng Li, Shaoting Zhang, Xiaogang Wang, Xiaolei Huang, and Dimitris Metaxas. To appear in TPAMI, 2018.
Tao Xu, Pengchuan Zhang, Qiuyuan Huang, Han Zhang, Zhe Gan, Xiaolei Huang, and Xiaodong He. CVPR, 2018.
Yuan Xue*, Tao Xu*, Han Zhang, L. Rodney Long and Xiaolei Huang. Neuroinformatics, 2018.
Yuan Xue, Tao Xu and Xiaolei Huang. ISBI, 2018.
Han Zhang, Tao Xu, Hongsheng Li, Shaoting Zhang, Xiaogang Wang, Xiaolei Huang, and Dimitris Metaxas. ICCV, 2017. (Oral presentation 45/2143=~2.10%)
[CVPR'16] SPDA-CNN: Unifying Semantic Part Detection and Abstraction for Fine-grained Recognition. [pdf]
Han Zhang*, Tao Xu*, Mohamed Elhoseiny, Xiaolei Huang, Shaoting Zhang, Ahmed Elgammal, and Dimitris Metaxas. CVPR, 2016.
[MICCAI'16] Multimodal Deep Learning for Cervical Dysplasia Diagnosis. [pdf]
Tao Xu*, Han Zhang*, Xiaolei Huang, Shaoting Zhang, and Dimitris Metaxas. MICCAI, 2016 (Early acceptance rate, 10%).
[PR'16] Multi-feature based Benchmark for Cervical Dysplasia Classification Evaluation. [pdf]
Tao Xu, Han Zhang, Cheng Xin, Edward Kim, L Rodney Long, Zhiyun Xue, Sameer Antani, and Xiaolei Huang. Pattern Recognition, 2016.
[ISBI'15] Adjustable AdaBoost Classifier and Pyramid Features for Image-based Cervical Cancer Diagnosis .[pdf]
Tao Xu, Edward Kim, Xiaolei Huang. ISBI, 2015 (Oral with NIH Travel Support, Finalist of Best Student Papers [Link] ).
[MMM'13] Related HOG Features for Human Detection Using Cascaded Adaboost and SVM Classifiers. [pdf]
Hong Liu, Tao Xu, Xiangdong Wang and Yueliang Qian. MMM, 2013.
[ICME'12] A Fast and Roust Pedestrian Detection Framework based on Static and Dynamic Information. [pdf]
Tao Xu, Hong Liu, Yueliang Qian and Zhe Wang. ICME, 2012.
- National Scholarship, CAS 2012
- Outstanding Graduate Student, CAS 2012
- First Prize in the Third ICT Technology Innovation Contest, CAS 2011
- Presidential Scholarship, CAU 2010
- Excellent Student Leader, CAU 2008
- Excellent Volunteer in Beijing Olympic and Paralympic Games, CAU 2008