Professor, University of Bordeaux (GREThA)
Senior Research Fellow, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
tanguy.bernard'at'u-bordeaux.fr / t.bernard'at'cgiar.org
- "Nutrition incentives in dairy contract farming in Northern Senegal", with Melissa Hidrobo, Agnès Le Port and Rahul Rawat, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 2018
- “The Impact of the Use of New Technologies on Farmers' Wheat Yield in Ethiopia: Evidence from a Randomized Control Trial”, with Gashaw Abate, Alan de Brau and Nick Minot, Agricultural Economics, 2018
- "Expected Product Market Reforms and Technology Adoption by Senegalese Onion Producers." With Alain de Janvry, Elisabeth Sadoulet and Samba Mbaye, American Journal of Agricultural Economics; 2017.
- “Delivery of iron-fortified yoghurt, through a dairy value chain program, increases hemoglobin concentration among children 24 to 59 months old in Northern Senegal: a cluster-randomized control trial”, with Agnes Leport, Melissa Hidrobo, Rahul Rawat, Ousmane Birba and Marie Ruel, Plos One ; 2017
- “Will video kill the radio star? Assessing the potential of video-based interventions”, with Kate Orkin and Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, World Bank Economic Review, 2015
- “Social Interaction Effects and Connection to Electricity: Experimental Evidence from Rural Ethiopia”, with Maximo Torero, Economic Development and Cultural change, 2015
- “Aspirations: an approach to measurement with validation using Ethiopian data”, with Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, Journal of African Economies 2014.
- “Returns to Scope? Smallholders commercialization through multipurpose cooperatives in Ethiopia", with Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, Journal of African Economies 2012
- “Impact Evaluations: a tool for accountability? Lessons from experience at AFD”, with Jocelyne Delarue and Jean-David Naudet Journal of Development Effectiveness 2012
- “Do Community Sharing Norms Constrain the Emergence, Configuration, and Activities of Market-Oriented Organization ? A Study for Burkina Faso”, with Alain de Janvry and Elisabeth Sadoulet, Economic Development and Cultural Change, 2010.
- “Impact analysis of rural electrification projects in Sub-Saharan Africa”, World Bank Research Observer. 2010
- “The Burkinabè Cotton Story 1992-2009: Sustainable Success or another Red Herring?”, with Jonathan Kaminski and Derek Headey”, World Development. 2010
- “Do Village Organizations make a difference in African rural development ? A study for Senegal and Burkina Faso”, with Alain de Janvry, Marie-Helene Collion, Pierre Rondot and Elisabeth Sadoulet. World Development, 2008.
- “Heterogeneous impacts of cooperatives on smallholders' commercialization behavior: evidence from Ethiopia” with Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse and Eleni Gabre-Madhin. Agricultural Economics, 2008.
- “Cooperatives and the poor: who’s in, who’s out? A study of marketing cooperatives in rural Ethiopia” with David Spielman, Food Policy, 2007.
- "Correlated Non-Classical Measurement Errors, ‘Second Best’ Policy Inference and the Inverse Size-Productivity Relationship in Agriculture", with Kibrom Abay, Gashaw Abate, and Chrys Barrett, IFPRI Discussion paper 01710, February 2018.
- "Productive inefficiency in dairy farming and cooperation between spouses, evidence from Senegal", with Jessica Hoel, Melissa Hidrobo and Maha Ashour, IFPRI Discussion paper, December 2017.
- “Farmers’ quality assessment of their crops and its impact on commercialization behavior: A field experiment in Ethiopia”, with Gashaw A. Tadesse, IFPRI Discussion Paper, 2017.
- “Communication and coordination: Experimental evidence from farmer groups in Senegal”, with Fo Kodjo Dzinyefa Aflagah and Angelino Viceisza, IFPRI Discussion Paper, 2015.
- "Building trust in rural producers organizations in Senegal: results from a randomized controlled trial", with Markus Frölich, Andreas Landman, Pia Naima Unte, and Agelino Viceisza, IZA Discussion Paper, 2015
- "The Future in Mind: Aspirations and Forward-Looking Behaviour in Rural Ethiopia", with Stefan Dercon, Kate Orkin and Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, CEPR Discussion Paper
- "Beyond Fatalism: an Empirical Exploration of Self-Efficacy and Aspirations Failures in Ethiopia", with Stefan Dercon and Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, IFPRI Discussion Paper.
- "Randomizing the Last Mile: a methodological note on using voucher-based approach to assess the impact of infrastructure projects", with Maximo Torero, IFPRI Discussion Paper.