Symeon Chatzinotas (MEng, MSc, PhD, SMIEEE) is currently Assistant Professor / Senior Research Scientist and Deputy Head of the research group SIGCOM in the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust, University of Luxembourg.
In the past, he has lectured as Visiting Professor at the University of Parma, Italy and contributed in numerous R&D projects for the Institute of Informatics & Telecommunications, National Center for Scientific Research “Demokritos,” the Institute of Telematics and Informatics, Center of Research and Technology Hellas and Mobile Communications Research Group, Center of Communication Systems Research, University of Surrey.
He has received the M.Eng. in Telecommunications from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece and the M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Electronic Engineering from University of Surrey, UK in 2003, 2006 and 2009 respectively.
He has authored more than 350 technical papers in refereed international journals, conferences and scientific books. His research interests are on multiuser information theory, cooperative/cognitive communications, cross-layer wireless network optimization and content delivery networks.
- Talk: "Learning-assisted Monitoring and Operational Optimization of Communication Systems", NCSR Demokritos, 2019
- Award: 2018 EURASIP Best Paper Award for the Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking (JWCN).
- Defense: Dr. Spano has successfully defended his thesis on "Advanced Symbol-level Precoding Schemes for Interference Exploitation in Multi-antenna Multi-user Wireless Communications" in June 2018.
- Project: LiveSatPreDem, FlexPreDem, LARGOS kicked-off
- Event: Joint EURASIP/ IEEE SPS Summer School on Signal Processing for 5G Satellite Networks, Luxembourg, 2018.
- Defense: Dr. Politis has successfully defended his thesis on "Spectrum Monitoring Algorithms for Wireless and Satellite Communications" in March 2018.
- Event: SAM 2018 Special Session “Large-scale optimization and signal processing for big data and machine learning”
- Event: EUSIPCO 2018 Special Session “Overcoming interference in next-generation wireless networks”
- Project: COHESAT, CADSAT, CI-PHY, ProCAST, ROSETTA kicked-off
- Edited Book: Sharma S.K., Chatzinotas S., Arapoglou P.D., “Satellite Communications in the 5G Era”, IET, 2018
- Event: ICASSP 2018 Special Session: 'Active Learning and Enhanced Cognition in Complex Systems'
- Project: HTS-DBS, PROSAT, ECLECTIC, SIERRA, GHOST kicked-off
- Edited Book: Jayakody N., Chatzinotas S., Thompson J., and Durrani S., “Wireless Information and Power Transfer: A New Paradigm for Green Communications”, Springer, 2017.
- Defense: Dr. Tsakmalis has successfully defended his thesis on "Active Learning in Cognitive Radio Networks" in July 2017.
- Event: 2nd International Workshop on CorNer: Communications for Networked Smart Cities
- Demo: SERENADE Precoding HW Demo at SES ID 2017
- Talk: 8th Nordic Workshop on System and Network Optimization for Wireless, SNOW2017, Riksgränsen, Sweden, May 2017.
- Project: INWIPNET kicked-off
- Project: SERENADE POC kicked-off
- Event: Special Session "Advanced topics in future generation of satellite networks", SPAWC 2016.
- Demo: SIGCOM Communications Lab inagaurated
- Talk: ISWCS 2015 Tutorial: Centralized Signal Processing Techniques for the Multicell C-RAN
- Award: CROWNCOM 2015 Best Paper Award
- Event: 22nd IEEE Symposium on Communications and Vehicular Technology in the Benelux, Luxembourg, November 24, 2015
- Event: 8th IC1004 Training School "From hetnets to cloud radio access networks"
- Event: Workshop on Satellite Communications: Advances in Random Access & Related Activities
- Event: Special Session “Satellite Communications in 5G Networks”, EUSIPCO 2015.
- Award: 2014 Distinguished Contributions to Satellite Communications Award, IEEE Communications Society.
- Edited Book: S.Chatzinotas, B. Ottersten, R.DeGaudenzi, "Cooperative and Cognitive Satellite Systems", Elsevier, 2015.
- Event: Workshop on “Cognitive Radios and Networks for Spectrum Coexistence of Satellite and Terrestrial Systems” (CogRaN-Sat) IEEE ICC 2015