Cheryl Suwardi, Instrumental Music Teacher
Bachelor of Music Education, Instrumental Emphasis, Clarinet Major
Master of Music Education, Strings Emphasis, Violin and Viola
(219) 690-8945 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Music lessons enable students to maximize potential and develop musicianship.
Music is the source of endless possibilities and personal expression as well as enjoyment, self-esteem, self-expression, and academic benefits. Now is the perfect time to begin learning a new instrument or continuing to learn an instrument you already play.
Our private lessons enable students to learn the fundamentals of technique, tone production, musicianship, and expression in an individual one-on-one setting as well as performance, music theory, composition, improvisation, music history, and world music. Lessons are customized to fit each student’s level, goals, and needs. Lessons are available for students learning new instruments as well as students who currently play an instrument.
Private lessons are available on a variety of string, woodwind, brass, and keyboard instruments including alto saxophone, baritone, cello, clarinet, double bass, euphonium, flute, guitar, mandolin, oboe, piano, tenor saxophone, trumpet, viola, and violin taught by an experienced instrumental music specialist.
INSTRUMENT DEMONSTRATION SESSION
Selecting the right instrument is the most important decision a new music student can make. I would be happy to help by:
- Offering instrument choices that fit each child's size and developmental readiness. Typically these are:
- Ages 0-5: Parent and Me Music Classes that introduce younger students to singing, playing a variety of instruments, written notation, music history, and world music. Students are able to play percussion (including drums), piano, flutes, violin, viola, cello, trumpet, and more.
- Ages 5 and up: Piano, violin, viola, cello (3-5 year-olds taking the parent and me music classes can be promoted when they are ready)
- 2nd Grade and up: Flute, trumpet, violin, viola, cello, piano (other instruments may be possible)
- 3rd Grade and up: Clarinet, flute, trumpet, violin, viola, cello, piano (other instruments may also be possible)
- 4th Grade and up: Double bass, clarinet, flute, trumpet, violin, viola, cello, piano
- Middle school and up: Any instrument I teach
- Giving you plenty of information about instrument choices available to you.
- Performing a live demonstration of instruments for you.
- Giving you time to try instruments of interest for yourself. These instruments can include violin, viola, cello, flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, piano, guitar, and/or mandolin.
- Offering an instrument rental or purchase plan through our affiliate program with K&S Music.
- Offering lessons and classes to teach you how to play your new instrument.
I am passionate about music education and want to help prospective new students choose the best instruments for them.
The only way to fully understand your instrument choices is through learning about them and most especially, trying the instruments for yourself.
To schedule your instrument demonstration session, call (219) 690-8945.
Private music lessons are typically 30, 45, or 60 minutes once a week. My schedule fills up quickly so I encourage prospective students who find a time that fits their needs to take it. Otherwise, it might not be available later. For my current open times, please call me at (219) 690-8945 or click here.
Lessons are taught at my studio and online. If you are within driving distance, I encourage you to choose in studio lessons. If you are further away, online lessons are a great way to study music, particularly if you cannot find the right teacher nearby.
Teaching is my passion and my means of supporting my family. When you choose me as your teacher, you have a teacher with bachelor and master degrees in music education as well as Indiana, Illinois, and California teacher licenses who plays and teaches your instrument enthusiastically and knowledgeably.
Lesson tuition at my studio and online is $25 per half hour, $40 per forty-five minutes, or $50 per hour when purchased by cash or check. PayPal is also accepted. Lessons purchased through PayPal are $30 each or $100 for a set of 4. Parents may pay at each lesson, monthly, or quarterly. Book with Me prices are given on that website.
The tuition I charge not only includes instruction time, but it also includes the time I prepare for our lessons outside of your class, studio concerts, and instruction/chaperoning on field trips. The abundant musical opportunities combined with a holistic music curriculum set our music studio apart. If your family is unable to pay the full tuition, please contact me about financial aid scholarship opportunities.