Cheryl Suwardi's Instrumental Music Lessons
Highland, Indiana and Online ~ (219) 690-8945
Develop your passion for music through lessons and classes!
Greetings! My name is Cheryl Suwardi, and I teach instrumental music lessons and classes in Highland, IN only minutes from Munster, Schererville, and Dyer in Northwest Indiana, and online. I have 18 years of teaching experience, bachelors and masters degrees in music education, and an Indiana music teacher license.
I am currently enrolling students for music lessons and classes. Private and small group lessons are available for strings, woodwinds, and brass including violin, viola, cello, double bass, flute, oboe, clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, trumpet, trombone, euphonium, tuba, piano, guitar, mandolin, and Native American flute. If you do not know which instrument to choose, you can try the ones that interest you during an instrument demonstration lesson. Reviews by parents and students: Website, Take Lessons' Book with Me.
Individual lessons and small group ensembles are designed with the students' goals in mind. These can include:
- Learning techniques and music to perform better at school or in the community
- Learning techniques and music to perform better individually or in a small group
- Reaching performance goals
- Learning music theory, composition (writing your own music), music history, and world music
- Preparing for our studio concerts, recitals, and workshops
- Preparing a solo or ensemble piece for contest
- Preparing for an honor music festival
- Enjoying music performance!
This summer's two family field trips to hear the Grant Park Symphony will be in July. Please see the Evites or contact me for more information. We hope you can join us for one or both.
We will have a summer concert for our lessons and class students. The date will be selected based upon the participants' families' availability.
Lessons are $25 per half hour, $40 per 45 minutes, or $50 per hour.
During our lessons, you will learn technique, musicianship, music theory, composition, music history, and world music. My students have performed locally and across the country in concerts, honor festivals, and workshops. Your lessons curriculum is personalized to fit your needs, goals, and developmental level. Teaching is my passion, and students benefit from our lessons and classes through enhanced musicianship as well as leadership, cooperation, independence, confidence, self-expression, and creativity. Music lessons enable students to have higher self-esteem, better grades, and a brighter outlook on life.
Also available are:
- Family Music Classes - These classes are designed to introduce children, ages 0-5, to music and instruments along with their parents and siblings. We hope you can join us!
- Group Classes - These classes include two or more students who learn ensemble music and perform at our studio as well as in the community.
- String, woodwind, brass, and percussion instrument rental and purchase through our affiliate program - Affordable, high quality student and step-up instruments are available!
Since 2000, children, teens, and adults have benefited from our individualized, student-centered approach to music education resulting in passionate musicians who meet and exceed their goals, perform in their communities, are leaders in their bands and orchestras, and appreciate the vital role of music in our society and world.