Sustainable Multilingualism 2019
International Scientific Conference
24-25 May, 2019
in cooperation with
is pleased to invite you to
the 5th VMU IFL and the 13th LKPA international conference "Sustainable Multilingualism 2019".
The conference aims at bringing together scholars and language education professionals to share their research insights and discuss the issues relevant to the development of individual and societal multilingualism, including language policy, linguistic human rights, plurilingual pedagogy and language education in higher education.
Prof. JAMES PATRICK CUMMINS
University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Prof. BRITTA HUFEISEN
Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Prof. EGIDIJUS ALEKSANDRAVIČIUS
Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
Prof. MERCÈ BERNAUS QUERALT
Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
Submissions are welcome in (not limited to) the following areas:
- Language policy
- Less widely taught languages
- Issues in minority language education
- Language teaching methodology in multilingual and multicultural environment
- Cultural challenges
- Challenges for Identity
- Multilingualism for business and in business
- Multilingualism and educational mobility
- Non-formal and informal development of plurilingual competence
- Innovations in language education
- Content and Language Integrated Learning
- Plurilingual pedagogies and language sensitive teaching
- Literature and multilingualism
- Issues in translation in multilingual environment
5 REASONS TO ATTEND OUR CONFERENCE
- Meet in person world-known researchers in linguistic human rights and outstanding language policy researchers and developers
- Share your research insights within international community
- Discuss current issues of multilingualism with members of international community
- Strengthen the existing and establish new partnerships in the international research and education community
- Visit Lithuania – one of the three Baltic states, the country where the oldest surviving Indo-European language is spoken
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS & REGISTRATION
You are invited to contribute and submit your abstracts in both formats:
- In person: oral or poster presentations.
- Virtually: if you cannot attend in person.
Registration and abstract submission open: 1 November, 2018
Deadline for registration and abstract submission: 1 February, 2019
Notification of acceptance: 18 February, 2019
Official languages of the conference - Lithuanian & English
Presentation languages - Lithuanian, English, Spanish, French, German, Russian & Latvian
Participation fee (conference packet, coffee-breaks, lunch, free Wi-Fi):
- Early payment: 19 February – 18 March 2019 – 80 €
- Standard payment: 19 March – 18 May 2019 – 100 €
- Late payment: 19 May – 23 May 2019 – 120 €
- Fee for virtual presentation (without attending the conference in person): 60 €
- Fee for attending the conference without presentation: 30 €
- Members of Language Teachers’ Association of Lithuania and Students: 50% discount
- VMU academic staff, VMU students & members of Scientific and Organizing Committees: 100% discount
- Social programme: 50 € (Kaunas sightseeing tour – 15€, reception dinner – 35€)
Payment on site is not allowed.
Participation fee shall be transferred to Vytautas Magnus University account:
BANK NAME: AB SEB bank
SWIFT Code: CBVILT2X
ACCOUNT NUMBER: (to be announced)
PURPOSE OF PAYMENT:
SM 2019 Conference fee
All abstracts will be published in an online book of abstracts with an ISBN number.
The selected papers will be published in the international scientific journal Sustainable Multilingualism, indexed in MLA.
Since 2017, Sustainable Multilingualism is published by SCIENDO (former De Gryuter Open).
Print copy: ISSN 2335-2019 Online copy: ISSN 2335-2027
Journal website: visit the website
Authors of accepted conference contributions may submit their full papers to be considered for publication in the 15th issue of Sustainable Multilingualism, November 2019. Deadline for manuscript submissions is 1 July, 2019.