Texas | Sunshine Behavioral Health
It may feel difficult to find help for substance use problems. You may be asking many questions, doubting your decisions, or worrying about financial resources. You might not know how to get started. At Sunshine Behavioral Health (Texas Rehabilitation Center), we can arm you with the information you need to take the first step. Read to know more.
A Leader In Texas Drug Rehab | (877) 548-9502
Substance use disorders can tremendously impact people and their loved ones. It is a condition with both genetic and environmental causes and a condition that is becoming more common. According to the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), a total of 20.2 million adults with diagnosed substance use disorders (SUDs) lived in the United States in the 2014. Clearly, many people in the United States have a problem with substance use. SBH is looking to become one of the best rehab centers in Texas.
Substance abuse problems in Texas
Second both in population and geographic size, Texas is a big state. In 2018, there were 28.7 million people living in Texas. The state also has many drug users and drug-related fatalities. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), the number of people who died due to heroin-related overdoses in Texas was 214 in 2007. Ten years later, it was 569. Poison control centers in the state received 530 calls about heroin overdoses in just 2016 alone.
Other than heroin addiction, Texas residents are battling other drug problems, including marijuana use as well as methamphetamine (meth), cocaine, and prescription drug misuse. The most common substance abuse problem in Texas is alcohol addiction, a condition that plagues about 6.9 percent of the state's population.
Despite such numbers, it may be surprising to know that only 4.9 percent of Texans diagnosed with drug addiction and 6.7 percent diagnosed with an alcohol addiction seek treatment. Sunshine Behavioral Health aims to improve these statistics and help people receive effective treatment.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab In Texas
Substance use problems in college
Published every two years, the Texas College Survey of Substance Use asks Texas students about drugs and alcohol. The 2017 survey asked 18,237 undergraduate students in Texas information about drugs, alcohol, and substance use. It included responses from students from the ages of eighteen to twenty-six who attended fifty-two universities, colleges, and community colleges all over the state. Here is some information from the survey:
Substance abuse on school campuses
Of the students who responded to the survey, 49 percent stated that there were drug problems on their campuses. The participants stated that problems were minor, moderate, or major problems at their schools. Only 32 percent of the respondents stated that their campuses did not have drug use problems, while 19 percent were not sure if there was a drug use problem.
Additionally, almost two-thirds of the students (64 percent) reported that underage drinking was a major problem at their schools, and 55 percent considered alcohol abuse a serious problem on campus. These statistics show how prevalent alcohol and drugs are in younger age groups.
With the influence of substances in the community and even on school grounds, people need to find established rehabilitation treatment centers to provide assistance. What are some characteristics of a good rehab center?
Characteristics of a quality rehab center
When choosing drug rehabilitation centers and alcohol treatment centers in Texas, it is important to consider certain criteria. Not all treatment centers are the same, and the quality of the rehab center may affect client outcomes.
Below are the following characteristics you may want to consider:
- Accreditation and licensing: Before enrolling in rehab treatment, it is helpful to know if the center is accredited and licensed in Texas. Rehab centers with accreditation and licensing have passed the standards of the state and have consistently demonstrated quality in terms of client care.
- Treatment options and protocol: Ask about treatment options in the rehab center. Many clients want centers that offer medically assisted procedures and holistic options. Consider learning more about the centers' treatment protocols to determine the effectiveness of their programs.
- Facility options: After diagnosis, learn about your options for long-term or short-term treatment. Some clients prefer staying within facilities to experience better outcomes and change their environments. Others prefer participating in different outpatient programs. Rehab centers that offer both options can be ideal for those who want to shift from one facility option to another.
- Success rate: The best rehab centers openly publish their success rates for potential clients. High success rates may mean that the centers' treatment and aftercare programs are effective and custom-fit to suit clients' needs.
- Support and aftercare: Treatment does not stop once the program is finished. A quality rehab center offers support during the program such as counseling, group therapy, and a competent administration team to answer all of your questions. It also arranges aftercare options to minimize your chances of relapse.
Understanding your treatment options
At Sunshine Behavioral Health, we offer quality drug addiction treatment in Texas. Here is an overview of treatment offerings:
12-step treatment program
12-step programs are well-known programs that use a spiritual approach. As the name suggests, the programs require participants to progress through a series of twelve steps to recovery. The steps include submitting to a higher power to try to surrender the addictions once and for all.
Non 12-step treatment program
A more secular approach than 12-step programs, non 12-step programs acknowledge that people have problems that they need to address. Non 12-step programs often incorporate different types of therapies to help change people's mindsets about addiction.
Similar to 12-step programs, faith-based programs use faith as an anchor for treatment and aftercare. Faith-based treatment helps clients to rediscover themselves and rebuild their lives after substance addictions.
Holistic treatment involves the use of alternative therapies, nature-based supplements, and other strategies that involve aligning the body, spirit, and mind. Common components of holistic treatment include meditation and yoga.
Dual diagnosis treatment
People with substance use disorders are also prone to other mental illnesses such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, psychosis, and others. As mental illnesses may trigger substance use or may be products of substance abuse, it is wise to address both conditions simultaneously. Dual diagnosis treatment is geared towards people who are at risk for co-morbidity (co-occurring conditions) that may accompany substance use. This could be views as inpatient mental health facilities and or inpatient depression treatment in Texas.
SMART Recovery treatment
SMART stands for Self-Management and Recovery Training. The SMART Recovery program fosters independence and self-management strategies for individuals who want to combat their substance use problems in different situations and locations.
Rehab In Texas
What is the drug rehabilitation process?
While no program is the same, the drug rehabilitation process often involves four major steps:
- Intake/evaluation: During this initial contact, clients undergo screenings and assessments for substance use disorders. Medical professionals may determine if the clients have other mental health problems that were not previously diagnosed.
- Detox: Medical detox programs are highly recommended for individuals who are dependent on drugs or alcohol. Supervised detox programs may prevent life-threatening withdrawal symptoms and reduce the chances for relapses after treatment.
- Treatment: Depending on the diagnosis and the clients' needs and preferences, clients may participate in various programs on an inpatient or outpatient basis. Such treatment may include different forms of therapy and other components.
- Aftercare: After successfully following the course of treatment, quality rehab centers offer support and referrals to other programs that can help clients stay strong in their recovery journeys.
What are the payment options for treatment?
Many people worry about financing their treatment for substance abuse problems. There are a myriad of options for funding for your rehabilitation treatment plan:
- Insurance: You may ask your health care insurance provider about covering the cost of your rehabilitation treatment.
- Loans: There are loans that pay for rehabilitation treatment programs.
- Grants and scholarships: If you are a student or meet eligibility criteria, you may also receive partial or full funding for your treatment.
- Modified payment: Rehabilitation centers may be willing to help you pay for treatment by offering sliding fee scales or payment schedules.
- Sponsors: If you are unable to pay for treatment independently, you may also seek help from friends and family or through crowdfunding options.
Why should you travel for rehabilitation?
Although people may be hesitant to live in a different location to receive treatment, it may be beneficial and even necessary to do so. Travelling for rehab treatment may help you avoid situations that trigger substance use, give you a fresh perspective, and lower the stress levels caused by environmental factors.
Serving the entire state of Texas, which includes offering rehab to consumers in Bastrop, Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and other areas.
If you are a Texas resident who needs help, contacting Sunshine Behavioral Health may help you take your first step to recovery.