Advocacy and dpac
DPAC (District PAC)
Sunnyside representative at DPAC: Elaine Cheung
Goal: Represent the Sunnyside PAC at the surrey district PAC level
- Attending Surrey DPAC meetings, exercising our PAC’s vote, and reporting back to our PAC.
What it is:
- The District 36 Parent Advisory Council, known as the Surrey DPAC, is a registered non-profit society formed in 1978 to represents the interests of Surrey parents in the public education system and 2 important things they do are:
- Provide parents with a forum for discussion of issues affecting the health, welfare and education of our children.
- Advise the Surrey School District (the district sets the price on the cost of things the school can purchase).
- As you might have noticed, we have a couple more portables on our school grounds. Our district (#36) is growing at an incredible rate but the infrastructure put in place is not keeping up with it. Every year the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services holds public consultations on the upcoming provincial budget.
YOU can voice your concerns over our school’s overcrowding by submitting a written, audio and video submission, and fill out the online survey beginning September 17 on the committee’s website. The consultation closes on October 15 at 5:00 p.m., and the Committee will release its report on or before November 15. Visit Budget 2019 Consultation (https://www.leg.bc.ca/content-committees/Pages/Finance-Budget-Consultation.aspx) for details or read more in the Media Release (https://www.leg.bc.ca/parliamentary-business/media-releases/57)
Contacting politicians and governing bodies