Sungju Ryu is currently a PhD Student in the Department of Creative IT Engineering (major in Electrical Engineering), Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH), Korea. He is working with Professor Jae-Joon Kim in Device and Integrated Circuit Engineering (DICE) Lab. At POSTECH, he is now focusing on energy-efficient Deep Neural Network (DNN) hardware architecture with quantization and pruning methods. Before joining POSTECH, he received a Bachelor of Science degree with the highest honors in the Electrical Engineering at Pusan National University in February, 2015.
- sungju.ryu at postech_dot_ac_dot_kr
- Jongeun Koo, Eunhwan Kim, Seunghyun Yoo, Taesu Kim, Sungju Ryu, Jae-Joon Kim “Configurable BCAM/TCAM Based on 6T SRAM Bit Cell and Enhanced Match Line Clamping,” IEEE Asian Solid-State Circuits Conference (A-SSCC), Nov. 2019.
- Sungju Ryu, Hyungjun Kim, Wooseok Yi, Jae-Joon Kim, “BitBlade: Area and Energy-Efficient Precision-Scalable Neural Network Accelerator with Bitwise Summation,” ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference (DAC), Jun. 2019.
- Jongeun Koo, Eunhyeok Park, Dongyoung Kim, Junki Park, Sungju Ryu, Sungjoo Yoo, Jae-Joon Kim, "Low-Overhead, One-Cycle Timing-Error Detection and Correction Technique for Flip-Flop Based Pipelines," IEICE Electronics Express, May. 2019.
- Jongeun Koo, Jinseok Kim, Sungju Ryu, Chulsoo Kim, Jae-Joon Kim, “Area-Efficient Transposable 6T SRAM for Fast Online Learning in Neuromorphic Processors,” IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), Apr. 2019.
- Sungju Ryu, Naebeom Park, Jae-Joon Kim, “Feedforward-Cutset-Free Pipelined Multiply-Accumulate Unit for the Machine Learning Accelerator,” IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems (TVLSI), Vol. 27, No. 1, pp 138-146, Jan. 2019.
- Sungju Ryu, Jongeun Koo, Jae-Joon Kim, “Low Design Overhead Timing Error Correction Scheme for Elastic Clock Methodology,” IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED), Jul. 2017.
- Jongeun Koo, Eunwoo Song, Eunhyeok Park, Dongyoung Kim, Junki Park, Sungju Ryu, Sungjoo Yoo, Jae-Joon Kim “Area-Efficient One-Cycle Correction Scheme for Timing Errors in Flip-Flop Based Pipelines,” IEEE Asian Solid-State Circuits Conference (A-SSCC), Nov. 2016.
- Hyungjun Kim, Yulhwa Kim, Sungju Ryu, Jae-Joon Kim, “BitSplit-Net: Multi-bit Deep Neural Network with Bitwise Activation Function,” Arxiv, https://arxiv.org/abs/1903.09807.
- Hyungjun Kim, Yulhwa Kim, Sungju Ryu, "Multi-bit Deep Neural Network with Bitwise Activation Function," Samsung Human Tech Award, Feb. 2019. [Gold Prize]
- Sungju Ryu, Jongeun Koo, Jae-Joon Kim, "Near-Threshold Voltage Circuit Design for Low-Power Applications," IDEC Congress Chip Design Contest, Jul, 2018. [Best Poster Award]
- Fisically Team, "Smart Glasses for Swimming," K-Global Startup Awards, Oct. 2016. [Excellence Award]
- Sep. 2015 - Now Ph.D. in Creative IT Engineering (Major in Electrical Engineering), Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Korea.
- Mar. 2008 - Feb. 2015 B. S. in Electrical Engineering, Pusan National University, Busan, Korea. (Graduated with the highest honors, GPA: 4.33/4.5, Rank: 1/164)
- Jun. 2014 - Aug. 2014 SKTelecom, Seoul, Korea.
Volunteering and Activities
- Nov. 2011 - Feb. 2012 Happy Move Global Youth Volunteers, Hyundai-Kia Motors, Shanghai, China.
- Sep. 2011 - Jun. 2012 PNUF (Educational Volunteering for Foreigners / Korean), Busan, Korea.
- Jun. 2012 - Jul. 2012 Costal Cleanup Volunteers, Suhyup Bank, East Sea, Korea.
- Mar. 2013 - Jul. 2014 Samsung Dream Class (Educational Volunteering / Mathematics), Busan, Korea.
- Feb. 2014 - Mar. 2014 Climbing Mt. Everest (Basecamp and Kala Patthar), Nepal.