An instrument transformer’s role is to provide accurate inputs to protection, control and metering systems including revenue metering.
The main tasks of instrument transformers are:
- To transform currents or voltages from a usually high value to a value easy to handle for relays and instruments.
- To insulate the metering circuit from the primary high voltage system.
- To provide possibilities of standardizing the instruments and relays to a few rated currents and voltages.
ABB Instrument Transformer Business consists of:
- LV / MV / HV Current Transformers.
- LV / MV / HV Voltage Transformers.
- Station Service Voltage Transformers.
- Engineered Product: Generator Bus / Iso-Phase Bus /Bushing Slip-Over CT Design Applications.