Transportation & Parking
Boston University Parking
- Parking is available at Langsam Garage (278 Babcock St), Warren Towers Garage (700 Commonwealth Avenue) & Agganis Arena Garage (925 Commonwealth Avenue)
- Download BU Parking Lot Map
- Agganis Garage is available after 5pm on Friday June 8th
- All registered coaches and chaperones will receive a BU Parking pass as part of their luggage tag mailing. You must present this pass to the attendant when entering garage
- For non registered individuals, BU Parking office is no longer able to offer free parking for this event. Discounted Parking Rates for 2019.
- Guest Daily Pass: $5 per car per day (non-discounted rate $12 per car per day)
- Guest Overnight Pass: $10 per car per day (non -discounted rate $24 per car per night)
- To Receive discounted rate please present parking coupon to gate attendant
Welcome parents and family members! Harvard University is proud to host the 2019 Special Olympic Summer Games on Saturday June 8 and Sunday June 9.
In addition to this very exciting event, there are also several other high profile activities being held on the Harvard University Allston Campus including Harvard Business School Reunions. Traffic in and around the Harvard athletics complex and Harvard Business School campus is expected to be very heavy on this weekend. Steps are being taken to keep vehicle traffic flowing as safely and smoothly as possible on campus and surrounding neighborhood streets.
To ensure all attendees of these events have a great customer service experience, Harvard University will waive all parking fees this year for Special Olympics athletes, family and friends.
The Soldiers Field Park Garage is the designated parking facility for visitors during Special Olympics 2019. Harvard Parking Services staff will be available to direct athletes, their families, and friends to designated parking locations and nearby shuttle bus stops.
Harvard University hopes all of the athletes and their families have a safe and enjoyable experience at Special Olympics 2019!
Free Shuttle Bus Service will operate throughout the weekend between Boston University’s West Campus and Competition venues at Harvard University.
- Shuttle bus service is provided to athletes, coaches, and chaperones, as well as to volunteers and family members
- Shuttle buses are yellow school buses and will be marked as Special Olympics Buses
- Shuttle buses will be leaving at designated times. If you miss your scheduled departure time, you must wait for the next scheduled bus
- The number of buses will be greatly reduced at 9:00 am on Saturday & Sunday. Coaches are strongly urged to have their athletes at BU pick-up points prior to 9:00 am.
- Wheelchair transportation pick-up and drop-off on Harry Agganis Way near the BU Police Station & at Harvard University in front of Gordon Indoor Track.
Shuttle Bus Pickup / Drop off Points:
- West Campus Babcock St (Concrete Stairs between Rich & Sleeper Halls)
- Warren Towers
- North Harvard St Behind Harvard Stadium next to Gordon Indoor Track & O’Donnell Field
Shuttle Bus Schedule:
- 6:45 am – 9:00 am Extra bus service to Harvard
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Ongoing Shuttle service to Harvard
- 6:45 am – 4:00 pm Shuttle from Harvard Business Parking Garage to Harvard Stadium
- 11:15 am –11:45 pm Bus Schedule paused for LETR Convoy entrance to games
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm Extra buses: Harvard to BU dorms and back to BU Indoor Track and Tennis Center for Dinner/Dance
- 6:00 pm – 9:30 pm Ongoing Shuttle Service to/from residence halls
- 8:00 pm LAST BUS FROM RESIDENCE HALLS TO BU Indoor Track Center
- 6:45 am – 9:00 am Extra bus service to Harvard
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Ongoing Shuttle service to Harvard thru the conclusion of events
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Shuttle from Harvard Business Parking Garage to Harvard Stadium
- Green Line Train B
- Bus #8, # 57, #60, #65
Harvard Athletic Complex
- Red line to Harvard Square It is a 10-minute walk down JFK St. and over the Charles River to the Athletic Complex.
- Bus #66 & #86
- Before leaving for Summer Games double check the directions using www.google.com/maps
Boston University, Commonwealth Ave, Boston
- I-93 or Route 1 South: Exit onto Storrow Drive, stay left through the tunnel and continue to the Kenmore Square exit. Take a right at the first set of lights. The road immediately forks. Take the left fork, and once you’re in the Square, at 2nd set of lights, bear right onto Commonwealth Avenue. Continue straight on Commonwealth Avenue
- Mass Pike to Allston/Cambridge Exit follow the signs to Cambridge. At the first set of lights, turn right onto Storrow Drive. Take Storrow Drive to the Kenmore Square exit. Take a right at the first set of lights. The road immediately forks. Take the left fork, and once you’re in the Square, at 2nd set of lights, bear right onto Commonwealth Avenue. Continue straight on Commonwealth Avenue
Harvard Athletic Complex 65 North Harvard St, Boston
- Mass Pike to Allston/Cambridge Exit After paying toll, exit towards Allston. Turn right at second set of lights at Hess Gas Station onto North Harvard Street. Proceed approximately one mile. At 2nd light, Dunkin Donuts /7-11, turn right onto Western Ave. Soldiers Field Parking Garage approx. ½ mile on left.
- I-93: Take Storrow Drive exit. Take Storrow Drive west for approximately five miles. Exit at Harvard Square/North Harvard Street. At top of exit, turn left onto North Harvard Street. Drive approximately 1/2 mile to first set of lights turn left onto Western Ave. Soldiers Field Parking Garage approx. ½ mile on left