Apply to attend
International Summer School
Subsea Optical Fiber Communications
4-10 August 2019
The Subsea Optical Fiber Communications 2019 International Summer School is for early-stage researchers, engineers and PhD or Master's students that would like to learn more about this exciting field. This is a unique opportunity, that you don't want to miss!
The application is now open, and instructions are below. Applications will be reviewed in April and invitations to those selected to attend will be sent late April 2019.
How to Apply
To apply, please login to the OSA SPECTRUM portal, create a profile, and submit your application.
- Step 1 - Login to OSA SPECTRUM
- If you are a member of OSA you can use your current OSA login credentials
- If you are not a member, you will create a simple profile and login
- Step 2 - The application will ask you a series of questions:
- Describe why you would like to attend the Subsea summer school (250 word maximum)
- Please share how your current work relates to the Subsea summer school (250 word maximum)
- Professional Statement – Please describe how this school will impact your research and career goals (500 word maximum)
- Step 3 - Upload supporting documents
- Resume / CV
- Personal Statement (This is where we want you to tell us about yourself beyond the lab and classroom)
- Step 4 - Select References (2)
- You will add two references who will then receive a link to login and upload a letter of reference in support of your attendance to the school. (Please reach out to your references before you add them as an automated email will go out as soon as you confirm them and you want to be sure they will be able to provide this document for you)
- Step 5 - Click SUBMIT
- Please check back to ensure your references are complete before the application deadline 30 March 2019