Share Sessions served as a professional development opportunity in which teachers could learn about new tools and techniques directly from their colleagues. Because many of those tools and techniques had been highlighted at a previous Half-Day PD session, teachers were eager to select sessions that would help them implement new technology or teaching strategies.
Share Sessions took place during the morning of a full-day PD. Each teacher chose three different 45-minute sessions to attend. Slightly more structured than an EdCamp, each presenter shared a tool or technique from the classroom, provided attendees with resources, and answered questions about the practical implementation of the tool or technique in the classroom. In a 45 minute session, approximately 15 minutes was for structured sharing, leaving 30 minutes for exploration, brainstorming, and development of lessons or activities.
Share Sessions Presenter Proposal Form
Share Sessions Program Listing
The planning for the Share Sessions consists of:
- Presenters submit their proposals using the form below.
- Presentations are selected and assigned to rooms so that seat limits can be determined. A schedule for the sessions is set.
- Session information (description, audience, device, location, and seat limit) is compiled and shared with attendees.
- Teachers sign up for sessions on My Learning Plan. Attendance lists are provided to presenters for each session.
- A feedback survey is sent to teachers at the end of the day.
REFLECT & PLAN
If you do this in your school or district, reflect.
- Similarities and differences
- Lessons learned
- Additional considerations
If you don't do this in your school or district, create a condensed action plan.
- What do you need to get started?
- What resources do you have in place?
- How could this be implemented?