Ms. Hennigh: Middle School
7th & 8th Graders - Sept - Oct - Saints and Service Leaders - Students will be researching Saints to discover how Sainthood was obtained and what lessons we can learn from Saints. How are Saints role models to teenagers in 2019? We will have group presentations and work on Public Speaking and Audience skills. Students will then select Service Leaders in the community and beyond and discuss how they can influence teenagers in a positive way. Again presentations will be made working on Public Speaking skills that focus on voice and body language and Audience feedback that is given in a respectful constructive manner. Finally students will create their own individual presentation on "Who I Want to Be" using the information they learned in their prior presentations. Individual presentations will be made as we build confidence in our Public Speaking skills. Audience participation is equally important as we learn how to be "Active Listeners" and give constructive feedback.
6th Graders - In 6th grade we will begin collaborating with the History curriculum on Ancient Civilizations and have public speaking activities that will reinforce the subject matter. Public Speaking activities will allow students to build confidence and become effective communicators.
I am very excited to join the St. Felicitas School community this year as the new Middle School Communications teacher. We all have a voice and I look forward to empowering students to use their voice in a positive, productive, Christ-like manner. I am at school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- UC Berkeley: Masters Degree in Education, Multiple Subject Teaching and Reading Specialist Credentials
- UC Santa Barbara: B.A. in Sociology
- Middle School Teacher at St. Anthony School in Oakland, primarily Language Arts, Religion and Social Studies
- Reading Specialist Teacher at St. Anthony and St. Jarlath Schools in Oakland
- 5th grade Teacher at St. Philip Neri School in Alameda - Student Council Moderator, on the Yearbook Committee, and started the school's first ever Green Team!
- Several years at home with my children - volunteer Art Docent Teacher & Room Parent at St. Philip Neri School in my children's classrooms
- All three of my children went to St. Philip Neri School in Alameda and St. Joseph Notre Dame High School in Alameda. My two sons attend Pitzer College and play baseball for the Pomona-Pitzer collegiate team