St. Benedict Youth Group
We are the Youth Group for St. Benedict's Catholic Parish in Blue Island, IL. We offer a place for young people in our community to gather, socialize, share their faith, and have fun. We're open to anyone in the parish in 6th through 12th grade.
We offer different events and activities throughout the year, besides our regular meetings every Friday night from 6:30 to 8:30 in the parish hall. Check out the calendar page to see our upcoming events.
Some of the things we do are:
- Group discussions and faith sharing
- Board games and Nintendo party games
- Sports and open gym
- Prayer services
- Service work
- Celebrations for various events, including Thanksgiving, Christmas, Día de los Muertos, Candelaría, and others
- Dramatic performances
- Nativity Play in December
- Via Crucis (live re-enactment of the Stations of the Cross) through the streets of Blue Island on Good Friday
- Trips throughout the year
- Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Christ's Passion in St. John, IN in September
- Holy Fire in the UIC Pavillion in Chicago in October
- Leadership Trip to the Marist Youth Gathering in Poughkeepsie, NY in May
If you're interested, please join us. All young people in the parish are welcome.