St. Andrew Altar Society
Altar Society Officers
President: Lisa D. Knipp
Vice President: Donna Raymond
Secretary: Marleen Lenger
Treasurer: Elaine Petree
The main ministry of the Altar Society is the care of the Altars and the upkeep of the Church and Rectory grounds. The Altar Society has other functions they organize:
- Funerals - praying the rosary for the ladies at the funeral home or church visitations.
- Funeral Dinners - getting the hall ready, calling for food to be brought in, and other general help of funeral dinners.
- Quilting - Every Tuesday afternoon throughout the year to make a quilt that will be raffled or auctioned off at our Thanksgiving Festival. Everyone is welcome!
- Easter Bake Sale - Baked goods and homemade items. This event is held the Saturday before Easter.
- Thanksgiving Booth - Raffle, baked goods, homemade items, religious articles, and numerous other items.
- Nursing Home - Play Bingo, pray rosary, visit the residents and other shut-ins.
St. Andrew Altar Society is made up of the ladies of our parish. Every confirmed woman or those over 18 years of age is a member. Dues are $5 and are due in July of each calendar year. Check the church bulletin for upcoming meeting dates.