Booking the Stair Stadium
The Precinct, located in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley, is an innovation hub that brings together Queensland startups, incubators, investors and mentors under one roof. Providing facilities and co-working space for innovative thinkers, The Precinct connects the Queensland startup community with each other and support networks to help them grow and develop.
In the centre of The Precinct is a large event space, the Stair Stadium. The Stair Stadium can be booked for events, activities and workshops that support Queensland's startup and innovation ecosystem.
It is an open, versatile space that has been used for a range of events including pitch nights, product launches, hackathons and seminars.
The Stair Stadium is situated between levels two and three of The Precinct which means you are surrounded by some of Queensland's leading tech entrepreneurs and innovative organisations!
The Stair Stadium can hold anywhere from 50 to 200 people with the stadium seating approximately 110 people, an additional 50 chairs for extra seating in front of the screen and a standing area for 40 on the side. When booking the space, you will have access to a range of extra items as well as a user friendly AV system to ensure your event is the best it can be.
Additional items include:
- Chairs (to be set up in front of the screen)
- Large rectangular tables
- Small round tables
- Stools & bar stools
- Arm chairs
The AV system includes:
- Large 3.5m x 2m LCD screen with HDMI or ClickShare connections
- Two wireless handheld microphones + two lapel microphones
- 3.5mm jack for phones and music players
The Precinct shared kitchen can also be used for events. There are four fridges (subject to availability), four microwaves and two zip taps with instant hot & cold water. There are some platters and limited amount of glassware available however these are also for tenant use so it is recommended that event organisers bring their own or hire glassware. The Precinct does not provide catering however a list of recommended caterers that are familiar with the space can be supplied should you require event catering.
There are no venue hire fees to use the space at this point in time (this may change for future events). After-hours air conditioning fees may apply and any weekend (Saturday - Sunday) events with catering will incur a mandatory cleaning fee.
Making a booking
The Stair Stadium is a popular venue among tenants and the wider ecosystem so it is recommended to book well in advance. To view the calendar to check if your preferred date is available, click here.
Follow the below steps once you have found an available date:
1. Submit an Event Request Form to request a booking.
2. Review, sign and return to the Workplace Manager the terms & conditions of using the space you would have received via email after submitting an Event Request Form. The Workplace Manager can not review or book in your event without a submitted event request form and signed terms & conditions.
3. Receive confirmation from the Workplace Manager that your event has been booked into the Stair Stadium. You will also receive an information pack on holding events at The Precinct.
Please note, if you're an external organisation looking to hold an event at The Precinct you will need to complete an Event Application before you can make a booking. Applications are available on request from the Workplace Manager (WorkplaceMgr@ditid.qld.gov.au).