St Albans Cycle Campaign (STACC) is campaigning for people cycling in St Albans and the surrounding area, including Harpenden, Redbourn, Wheathampstead & Sandridge:
- To encourage cycle usage in the St Albans District
- To promote cycling to play a more significant role in a balanced transport system for the St Albans District
- To support, assist and influence to local authorities responsible for managing the transport system in the St Albans District.
Our approach is to work co-operatively with key bodies such as the local authorities whilst lobbying for better funding and provision for cyclists with particular regard to cycle paths & routes, lower speed limits & cycle-parking.
- The Government recognises that cycling is important for both transport and exercise in this pandemic-emergency situation.
- In support of this, cycle shops are currently permitted to remain open – but you should check in advance if there are any special arrangements your local cycle shop has before visiting, as they need to protect their staff and customers.
- You are advised to stay at home as much as possible, only venturing out for essential journeys, including exercise, while taking extra care to avoid any mis-haps that could burden the NHS, and practising social distancing to minimise infection spread.
- NHS advice to save lives: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/