Executive Director Applicant Portal
Silver Spring Day School (SSDS) is currently seeking an experienced, inspired and motivated leader to serve as Executive Director of our growing and diverse school. The ED will oversee all aspects of the school including overall education, fiscal management, human resources and staff training. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors and upholding the vision and values of SSDS, the ED will interface with children, staff, families and with various community leaders as the key ambassador for SSDS.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate has demonstrated leadership and management experience and will be eager to tackle systemic challenges and build creative solutions. The candidate is a motivating leader of staff and families, an excellent communicator, and builds strong networks across our diverse communities.
Job Duties & Key Areas of Responsibilities:
The Executive Director's responsibilities include managing and leading Silver Spring Day School focusing on overseeing the following:
- Program and Curriculum Development
- Staff Supervision and Development
- External Relationships
- Administration & Operations
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Minimum of BA/BS in Early childhood or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role with demonstrated senior management level skills, including financial management and budgeting.
- Experience in Early Childhood Education and Non-Profit preferred.
- Requires background and reference check.