2018 Calendar Competition Rules
Here is a chance to showcase your underwater photography skills! Submit your best work to our 2018 SLSAC Calendar Competition. The 12 best pictures will receive a spot in the SLSAC Calendar with your name on it!
The desktop calendar will be distributed as club merchandise available for purchase from November 2017 and expected to reach a wide audience. It will also serve as a beautiful club souvenir / memorabilia. The winners who get one or more of their photos will get a calendar free, so please throw your best pictures at us!
The event will be judged by Committee Members Nishan Perera and Dharshana Jayawardena who are also avid underwater photographers.
Number of Submissions: 5 pictures per person
Deadline for Submission: 30-Aug-2017
- Should be Landscape
- Ideally Horizontal/Vertical resolution 300 dpi (If not the Width & Height should be at least greater than 1000 pixels)
(The above details can be obtained by right clicking on the picture, properties-> details tab -> image)
- Each picture should be SCUBA diving related - can be wide angle or macro, portraying marine life, diving lifestyle (top side), shipwrecks etc. from anywhere in the world.
- Should be sufficiently artistic & aesthetic enough for people to look at it for a period of one month. If you are not sure just send. The judges can decide.
- Include a brief description about the picture and its significance.
- You have to be an active club member to participate. Committee Members cannot participate.
- The pictures should be your original work.
- With submission, you are automatically consenting that the photographs are your work, and that you agree for its use in the SLSAC 2018 club calendar which will be sold as club merchandise.
- Selected pictures will be adjust to best suited for printing if necessary.
If you are interested in participating for the above competition send the pictures to email@example.com before the deadline.
After sending the pictures please expect a confirmation. (Preferable mode of sending would be to upload your pictures to WeTransfer.com and send it as a downloadable link)