Dear Second Life® Resident
Thank you for your interest in our items. We love to hear your thought and ideas on our creations. If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to contact us. We really value your input and it is an excellent way for us to improve our products and service to you.
Space Bums group members are normally in Second Life® around 9am - 11pm (GMT).
If you are in need of support please read below carefully. Support is provided by email or in-world instant message. Emails are forwarded to our mobile devices if we are not at the PC.
- You can use the Second Life in-world im system, but response times may be longer if we are AFK.
- When emailing us - take the time to provide full details in an email. Things like transaction history, your in-world name and the time of purchase are all helpful.
- If we are at our store we will help you there and then with your questions.
- We may be logged into Second Life® but away, and this may cause you confusion or frustration if you are waiting for instant response. Therefore, we recommend using our email address for non urgent inquiries.
- Please use our support email and you can be sure we will deal with your query as soon as possible. We love to hear from you and if you encounter any problems, we'll get right on it for you.
Gift For a Buddy?
Don't forget to check our items online at SL Marketplace
Join Our Groups
We have support groups set up in world to allow users of our items to assist each other and also hook up and make new friends. Once you own a Space Bums item, simply follow the instructions contained within to see how you can join our groups.
I Have A Question...
Any questions you have may already be covered in our FAQ page. Please take the time to read through it before contacting us.
I Have A Free Gift Coupon, How Do I Use It?
If you have one of our items and find that you have a free gift coupon inside; teleport here. Wear your coupon to receive your randomly chosen free gift. Unfortunately we do not exchange coupons for Lindens. Coupons entitle you to random free gifts, not free versions of the item that the coupon was with. You may transfer your coupon to a friend to use if you wish. Once a coupon has been used, it can not be used again.
I Never Received My Item!
If you are waiting for an item from an online market place such as SL Marketplace please allow time for the delivery to take place. You can also try these useful steps,
- Do you have the creator on your MUTE list? This can happen by mistake if you click too quickly on dialog boxes or profiles. Please check.
- Relog Second Life®, clear your cache and log into a water sim like Galiata.
- Check all emails to confirm item delivery.
- If you still do not have the item, please check the grid status page here.
- Have you contacted the site you purchased the item from? They will most likely redeliver the item or refund your Lindens if you have had a debit on your account.
- Still no item? Send us the name of the item purchased, the date and time and any additional information to help us help you, including full avatar name.
Follow the steps above and you can be sure we will do our very best to solve your problem with you.
In the past, we sold some of our copiable items through "update drones". These are small boxes with a radar dish situated on the top of them. The function of these drones was to provide you with a single up to date version of the item you purchased, no matter where you bought the item from. With this method of item delivery, we were able to always provide customers with the latest version of the item they purchased. But, as with everything in life, you can't please everyone all of the time, and we quickly realised that there were a few individuals who just didn't understand this concept for delivering items. So, rather than waste time explaining in A,B,C language or with condescending diagrams on how to teleport to our store and wear a prim, we decided to scrap the idea and go back to our old "point of sale" item delivery method. If you own an update drone, it will still work for now. But this will likely be phased out over the coming months. (time of writing Sept 2012)
Need Further Help?
Second Life Instant Message Support
As more and more people enter Second Life® and the numbers grow, so do our instant messages. From people wanting to say thanks for the items, to people that simply want a landmark to our store! While we'd love to answer them all, we simply do not have the time. If you purchased any of our or are items or you are simply curious, please read our support pages fully. They have been compiled to accommodate the answers to the hundreds of frequently asked questions we get asked time and time again in our IM box over the years. The chances are, if you have a question, it may have already been answered here.
Space Bums thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Join Our Support Group
If the creator of the item is not available online, you may be able to catch one of our Space Bums Support helpers in world. Simply join the Space Bums Support group and ask for information on the product you have purchased from us. We will then ask you to provide a password which will be a word chosen at random from the item support documentation. You may be asked to provide a password as proof that you have tried to assist yourself first. We look forward to hearing from you and will do our best to assist you.
Requesting In-world Help
If you require in-world help, please understand that we are very very busy and only have a limited number of staff available to assist you. While we appreciate that your cause may seem “urgent” to you, you need to understand that we can’t be everywhere at once or 24/7 to cover the whole planet. Please follow these guidelines before requesting in-world support.
- State (in depth and to the point) what your problem is, making sure that you have read any included documentation with your item first. Shouting “its broke” is a very general explanation and does not help us determine the problem you are having. If we can arrive with a fair idea of what may have gone wrong, we can assist quicker and more easily.
- Arrange a date and time that you are free for us to visit and ensure that the owner of the item is at hand.
- Ensure we have prior access to the parcel. If our helpers are constantly being sent back home because of security scripts or ban lines, this just wastes time for us to assist you.
Requesting Email Help
Once you have fully understood the above and you find you may still be unsure what to do, please send an email entitled “IN-WORLD SUPPORT” to the email in the item creators profile and quote "Orion" as the support code in the message body.
We value your custom and are glad to help you.